Introduction: Choco Nut Truffle
Who doesn't love chocolate, everybody loves chocolate irrespective of any generation... Its a symbol of expressing love on valentine's day, a treat for children (Until they rot their teeth!! which shouldn't happen ;>) , changes mood from sad to happy etc., So let's see about how to make Choconut Nut Truffle in your home with easy material thats available in your house
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools Required
1) Sweetened Condensed Milk - 200 grams
2) Cocoa butter or cooking butter (Unsalted) - 40 grams
3) Cashew nuts - 25 grams
4) Almond - 25 grams
5) Dates - 10 - 15 grams
6) Walnut - 25 grams
7) Desiccated Coconut - 10 grams
8) Sprinkler (optional)
9) (Last but not least) Dark Chocolate - 50 grams
1) Thick Bottomed Pan
2) Silicone Mold
4) Silicone Brush
Step 2: Preparation of Nut Truffle
Yaahhey !!! Lets get the party started
1) Start roasting the cashew nuts, do not add any oil or butter just roast it dry
2) Add Almond, Walnut and roast them until they get little crispy.
3) Cut them into small pieces and dates too, as small as possible because our choconut truffle will be nuttier if it has all combinations mixed equally
4) It can be cut and roasted or roasted and cut, latter is easier for cutting.
5) Once cutting is done, Add cocoa butter / cooking butter (Unsalted) i have added both because cocoa butter gives a good aroma of chocolate smell
6) Add sweetened condensed milk and keep stirring using spatula, First adding butter will prevent condensed milk to stick to the bottom of the pan and spatula helps very much in stirring for sticky free bottom. Roast until it get golden colour , also butter shouldn't be floating over condensed milk, both should get mixed up.
7) Start adding nuts and dates, keep stirring you don't want your condensed milk to get struck at the bottom.
8) Once this mixture thickens, finally add desiccated coconut and stir it. let it cool off
9) Once cooled, put them in silicone mold and freeze it for 4 - 5 hours
10) After freezing they be little rigid and solid
Step 3: Preparation of Outer Choco Layer
1) Since i don't have microwave, i have melted using thick bottomed pan. Keep pan in boiling water to melt your dark chocolate (add icing sugar if you want your outer layer to taste sweet as dark chocolate is bitter in nature)
2) My dark chocolate was thick even after melting, I added some extra butter so that fluidity is more.
3) I used silicone brush to paint the freezed nut truffle
4) Added Sprinklers (Optional) to give a good and colourful look
5) Freeze them over night
6) Enjoy your chocolate feast !! Not to mention its very nutritious and tasty
They can be eaten anywhere school, college classes (my preferable place as i get sleepy during lecture), waiting for traffic jam to get clear, boring office meeting, Highlight part is nobody will notice, as they melt in your mouth Also they will fit into your pocket just like that.
Participated in the
Pocket Sized Contest