Introduction: Christmas Decoration With String Art
You only need some time and imagination to create your own christmas tree decoration!
In this Instructables there is no rule just choose your pattern, your favorite yarn and take a few glue and toohtpicks, and...
You will need:
- Yarn (colours of your choice)
- Toothpick or Sewing pins
- Liquid glue
- A patterns of christmas tree or a patterns your choice
Step 1: Let´s Knit
At the beginning stick the toohtpicks according to the pattern at the Styrofoam.
Then try to separate the yarn, it usually consists of 5 thinner yarns.
Take the first thread and dip it in the glue, continue to knit the tree from the outside and then the inside.
*You can watch the procedure in video*
I used 3 yards of 1m
Wait for the yarns to dry so that the toothpicks peel off
Step 2: Another Style of Knitting
the same procedure follows (as step 1)
A few tips:
- Use the whole yarn (don´t seperate it) for a stronger frame
- Use a needle to fill the inside of the tree
- Add more toothpicks to make the frame stabil
Step 3: The Result
I hope you enjoyed the result and that you have to try it!
Stay creative :)
Participated in the
Yarn Speed Challenge