Introduction: Christmas-Themed Jar Instructions
Hannah W, Hannah S, Pol B, Nya S
The craft we will be creating is a Christmas-themed holiday Mason Jar. This will be a great Christmas decoration to help celebrate the holiday season. Anyone can add this to their home or office to add some Christmas spirit. It is also simple to make and perfect for those who enjoy crafts.
*Warning: Do not use a real candle, because the plastic might burn the glass.*
- Mason Jar
- Paper Cup
- Silver and white glitter combined
- Elmer's Clear Glue Stick
- Paper Towel
- String (33 inches)
- Blue Glitter Glue
- Tacky Glue
- Jewels for decoration (20)
- Cotton Balls (3)
- Mini Cotton Balls (3)
- Sharpie Marker
- Fake Tea-Light Candle
Step 1: The Base of the Jar
- Combine silver and white glitter in a paper cup and place the glitter off to the side.
- Grab your Mason Jar and take off the top. It is recommended to hold it with two fingers in the Mason Jar, as it is easier to hold this way.
- Spread the Elmer’s glue stick from the bottom to the second hash mark from the bottom around the outside of the jar. Be sure to apply the glue in small areas at a time.
- Rub in the glue with your fingers.
- Take your glitter from the paper cup and pinch it with your fingers gently. Spread it on top of the glue.
- Spread around the glitter with your finger and repeat these last four bullet points until the glitter is fully applied around the diameter of the jar.
- Pick up the jar and give it two small taps to take off any excess glitter.
Step 2: The Lid
- Apply glue around the inner edge of the lid that you took off.
- Take a paper towel and put the lid in the center of the paper towel. Loosely crinkle the edges up around the sides of the lid. Do this until the paper towel is sticking to the lid, but let the excess paper be loose in the middle.
- Put the lid on the jar.
Step 3: The String Around the Lid
- Take the pre-cut string and prepare to wrap the string underneath the cap of the jar.
- Wrap the string around twice. As you are wrapping, leave enough string on both ends to create a bow at the end.
- Tie the bow to your liking.
Step 4: Snowflakes
- Using the glitter glue, draw 5 snowflakes on the side where the bow is. Make sure not to cover the hash marks with snowflakes.
Step 5: Jewels
- Apply the tacky glue onto a jewel and stick it onto the jar on any spot not covered by the glitter or the snowflakes.
- Repeat this for 20 jewels.
Step 6: Snowman
- Apply glue on the remaining hash marks located on the side of the jar.
- Align the 3 mini cotton balls onto the glue to form a snowman.
- Use the Sharpie Marker to create the buttons on the snowman.
Step 7: The Inside of the Jar
- Take three cotton balls and pull them apart so they are loose and in pieces.
- Place them inside the Mason Jar to cover the bottom of the Mason jar. This is to make it look like snow.
- Insert the tea-light candle into the jar on top of the cotton balls.