Introduction: Christmas Tree Explosion Box | Christmas Card 2018
Are you already preparing Christmas Gifts?
This is a cool idea that you can use this holidays to impress your loved ones.
This beautiful Explosion Box can serve as a perfect gift for a special person or just as a cool Christmas decoration!
Are you going to make one?
Don't forget to like,comment and share this project :)
P.S. You can now order your Explosion Box on my Etsy Store: http://bit.ly/explodebox
Step 1: I Made a Video Tutorial for This Project!
For some people it's easier to watch a video than following step by step photos :)
So if you are one of them I hope that this video will help you !
Step 2: Tools & Supplies.
- PVA glue
- Glue dots
- Bone Folder
For the Box
- 1x cardboard triangle 5" x 5" x 5"
- 3x cardboard triangles with the base of 5" and the height 6" 1/2
- 3x red triangles with the base of 4" 3/4 and the height of 6" 1/4
- 1X white equilateral triangle with the side of 4" 3/4
- 1x design paper triangle 6" x 6" x 6" to serve as a cover for the base
- 3x design paper triangles with the base of 6" and the height of 7" 1/2 to serve as cover for the sides
- 3x red rectangles 4" x 1"
For the lid
- 3x squares with the sides of 3"
- 2x little stars
- 2 mini Christmas Trees
- Cotton pads
- Wide red ribbon
- Christmas narrow ribbon
- Red berries
- Santa sticker
- Jingle bells
- 1x scrap of paper to create a pocket for one side
- Mini pearls
- Mini sponge
- Ink pads
*affiliate links ( I may earn some commissions if you're going to buy the items above )
Step 3: Creating the Bottom of the Box.
- Add PVA glue on the equilateral cardboard triangle.
- Stick it on the design paper triangle.
- Score along the lines.
- Cut the excess of the paper.
- Fold the sides and stick them on the cardboard triangle.
Step 4: Creating the Sides of the Box.
Repeat the above process.
Step 5: Unite the Sides With the Base.
- Mark the middle of the rectangles and score along the lines.
- Fold them in half.
- Cut the corners of the triangles as shown in the photos.
- Unite the sides with the base using the rectangles.
Step 6: Decorating the Outside of the Box.
- Take the wide ribbon and cut 3 pieces, 1 for each side.
- Stick them on the sides using pva glue.
- Stick the remaining part on the inside.
- Using some glue dots stick a ribbon bow on a side.
Step 7: Making the Covers and Adding Them to the Box.
- For a nicer effect, dust the red triangles sides with some ink.
- Get one of the red triangles and create a pocket on it using the scrap paper.
- The second triangle will be decorated using some green ribbon.
- Add the 3 triangles on the base using pva glue.
- Take the white triangle and create a snow effect on it using some cotton pads, than stick it to the base.
Step 8: Decorating the Box.
- Add some mini pearls on the green ribbon.
- On the plain side add the Santa sticker and some mini white pearls to create a snow effect.
- Add a piece of cotton pad on the pocket to create that snow effect again ;)
- Create your center master piece using mini Christmas trees, red berries, red pearls, jingle bells.
Step 9: Making the Lid.
- Stick the 3 squares together as I'm doing in the photos.
- Using some glue stick the two stars together and and than stick them to the lid.
Step 10: Congrats! Your Box Is Ready :)
Step 11: Create a Different Design.
Did you liked the box? Take a different approach on it and create this beautiful model!
You can check my Instructable on it here:
Step 12: Thanks for Reading!
Feel free to ask us any questions you like below and check out the video as well.
Check out our:
Etsy shop: http://www.giuliasart.co.uk
❤ Blog ❤ http://www.giuliasart.com
♡ If you enjoy this kind of projects please subscribe to our YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/giuliasart
Follow us on:
Crafty Amino - goo.gl/4sM60G
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/giuliacrafts
Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/diypapercrafts
Second Prize in the
1 Person Made This Project!
- doncore made it!