Introduction: Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
This is a super simple one bowl banana bread with a twist! You will only need simple ingredients and one bowl to make this one, which means its a great family recipe that the kids can help with. Trust me, they will want to eat it as soon as you take it out of the oven. So lets get started.
Step 1: Gather Your Tools and Ingredients
Everyone should have these simple ingredients in their house at all times. If we have old bananas I usually pewel them and freeze them in sandwich bags to have ready fr this recipe. Not only are the ingredients simple the tools needed are as well.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tbs butter and flour to prepare the loaf pan
- Hand blender
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber Spatula
Step 2: Make the Batter
Before you make this batter, because it is so fast to make, preheat your oven to 375°F and prepare your loaf pan by buttering and flouring. Mix the cinnamon & sugar and place aside. I always have a shaker of this ready as my kids loves cinnamon toast from homemade sourdough bread. Now it's time to make the batter.
- Place the eggs, bananas, oil, and sugar together in the bowl. Take the hand blender and puree the mixture until smooth. Easy so far!
- Take all the remaining ingredients and place in the bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed. Now you are almost there!
- Place half of the finished mixture into the prepared loaf pan and then sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Gently place the remaining mixture on top of the mixture in the loaf pan and then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Now we are ready to bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
Step 3: Ready to Enjoy
Let the loaf cool before you remove from the loaf pan.
Sit back and enjoy how good your loaf looks and how nice the cinnamon layer looks when cut.
We will take slices of the loaf, toast them, enjoy with fresh butter.
Please comment below with any questions or feedback you may have and happy baking.
Participated in the
Baking Speed Challenge