Introduction: Create an Access Control System With an 4x3 Keypad & RFID-RC522!
Make your own Access Control System by using a RFID-RC522 mifare reader in combination with an 4x3 membrane keypad!
What's the different between the already existing tutorials?
- Multiple mifare cards
- Reading out the UID number and program this UID in the Arduino
- Six or four digit Pincode's
- The combining of a UID number with an Pincode.
- Detecting wrong Pincode's
- Setting up an Timelimit for entering Pincode.
In this article, I will show you how to create it!
Read this tutorial or watch the youtube video :)
Step 1: Project Materials
Keypad membrane 4x3
Green LED 5V
Red LED 5V
Step 2: Function Diagram
All steps are shown in the function diagram.
The video will explain every step :)
Step 3: Wiring Diagram
- Arduino 3.3V - RC522 3.3V
- Arduino GND - RC522 GND
- Arduino A3 - Red LED (+)
- Arduino A4 - Green LED (+)
- Arduino A5 - Buzzer (+)
- Arduino GND - Breadboard (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Red LED (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Green LED (-)
- Breadboard (-) - Buzzer (-)
- Arduino Pin 13 - RC522 SCK
- Arduino Pin 12 - RC522 MISO
- Arduino Pin 11 - RC522 MOSI
- Arduino Pin 10 - RC522 SDA
- Arduino Pin 9 - RC522 RST
- Arduino Pin 8 - Keypad Pin 3 (Black)
- Arduino Pin 7 - Keypad Pin 2 (Blue)
- Arduino Pin 6 - Keypad Pin 1 (White)
- Arduino Pin 5 - Keypad Pin 7 (Green)
- Arduino Pin 4 - Keypad Pin 6 (Orange)
- Arduino Pin 3 - Keypad Pin 5 (Red)
- Arduino Pin 2 - Keypad Pin 4 (Yellow)
Step 4: Arduino Code
Download & import the MRFC Library and the Keypad Library.
Click here for the MFRC Library
Click here for the Keypad Library
The SPI library is already present in your Arduino Software.
Download the sketch & upload it to your Arduino.
Arduino Code and library's also available at:
Step 5: Endresult
You have now created your own Acces Control System!
Watch the video for the result :)
Other arduino projects on my website!
Participated in the
Sensors Contest 2017
Question 1 year ago on Step 5
hello dont show nothing serial monitor me
4 years ago
libraries not downloaded from your website because whenever i go from link there eror in webpage so downloded from another webpage this ok
4 years ago
amazing project. thank you so much for sharing
Question 4 years ago
does this work for an 8 plug-in keypad? and if so how?
Answer 4 years ago
yes use the same wiring for firdt 7 pins and do not plug in the eigth one
Reply 4 years ago
meant first not firdt the s and d are close on keyboard
Question 5 years ago
hello, I need help, can you change the code so that the RFID and keypad can open access independently of each other?
To be accessed only by either a card or a pincode.
6 years ago
6 years ago
how i can change the code
that I can switch betwen Pincode OR KeyCard