Introduction: Creating a Hot Air Ballon Using Tinkercad
Using Tinkercad, I wanted to create a 3D Hot Air Ballon Festival. Creating a Hot Air Balloon in Tinkercad is easy but having one with multiple colors or text is difficult. These steps and videos show you how to create a balloon using my template.
Log on id to Tinkercad.
Step 1: Open Tinkercad
- Go to Tinkercad.com. If you do not have an account create one. Before you continue with these instructions, I recommend that you have some experience using Tinkercad. They have numerous free courses which teaches the basics.
- Copy and Tinker the template I created: Hot Air Balloon Template
Step 2: Review the Template
The Tinkercad Balloon in the template is just an example of a balloon you can create with the template. You should make a note of the balloon's dimensions. Look at the white box to the right of the balloon. Your design for the balloon must fit within this box. I have added the basket for the balloon, that you can used once your balloon is created.
Step 3: Design the Balloon
- Duplicate the white box.
- Change the size and color of the box.
- Stack multiple boxes next to and on top of each other. Use other shapes. Remember all shapes must fit in the white box.
- Align the shapes so there are no gaps.
- The newly create boxes must match the dimensions of the white box: 40mm x 40mm x 41 mm
- Group the shapes together.
- Change the color of the grouped boxes to Multi-color.
Step 4: Create the Ballon
- Select both the "Balloon Hole" design and the group shapes you created.
- Align both objects so the hole and boxes are centered: length, width, and height.
- Group both objects.
- After a short wait, your new balloon should appear.
- Center the balloon and the basket. Move the balloon up until it is in the correct position.
Step 5: Video on Creating a Hot Air Balloon With Multiple Colors
This video will show you how to create a multi-color balloon using my template.
Step 6: Video on Creating a Hot Air Balloon With Text
The video will show you how I created a hot air balloon with text using my template. Note: I made sure the text was at the correct height before duplicated it and grouped it.
Step 7: Questions
If you have any questions, please leave a comment or contact me through my blog: sarahcath.com