Introduction: Crock Pot Molten Lava Cake
When I was younger, I worked for one of the church ladies, cleaning her house. She would make this on Sundays, for her husband. I could smell it cooking while I dusted and vaccumed, and once she invited me to have some...I HAD to have the recipe!
Thank you, Phyllis! This has become a family favorite with MY family now, too. Plus, very few dishes to wash!
2 C. Brown Sugar
2 C. All-purpose Flour
6 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 C. Milk
4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 C. Semisweet chocolate chips.
Molten Lava Sauce Ingredients:
1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 C. Boiling Water
Step 1: Mix It Up
1. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in your crock pot. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla until combined. Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the crock.
Step 2: Be Saucy, or Not...choice Is Yours
2. Mix together the brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle mixture over the cake batter.
NOTE: If you are not a molten fudge type of person, and want a more subtle cake, omit the sauce step, move on to the next part. The result is a springy, sweet and spongy cake that is a hit with the "I don't much care for chocolate" crowd.
3. Pour the boiling water over the top. DO NOT STIR!
Step 3: So Baked...
4. Cover and cook on High for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Step 4: Dude...sweet...(Eat)
5. Turn off heat, and remove lid. Let sit approx. 20 minutes before serving, so its still warm and liquid but will not scorch your tongue!