Introduction: Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Made Into Wraps
This recipe is for buffalo chicken wraps in which you will cook the chicken in the crock pot. This recipe is meant to satisfy the busy college student or busy family lifestyle! The preparation for these wraps is minimal and can be done in a short amount of time. These are delicious and a great option for Sunday's spent watching football!
- 2 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (this is a dry packet)
- 1 bottle of Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
- 1 8 oz. bag of shredded lettuce
- 1 package of 8 Fiber One white wraps (or wheat, depending on preference)
- 1 package of sargento shredded cheddar jack cheese
- OPTIONAL: 1 bottle of ranch OR 1 bottle of bleu cheese
- Crockpot/slow-cooker (any size will do)
- Two Forks (do NOT use plastic forks! They will break)
- Measuring cup -- 1 cup
Step 1: Chicken Prep
- Take chicken breasts out of package and rinse them with water for a few seconds. (This will get all of the nasty juices off of it).
- Place chicken breasts into crockpot/slow-cooker.
Step 2: Add Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Measure out 1 cup of Franks Original Red Hot Sauce into measuring cup.
- Pour hot sauce into crockpot/slow-cooker over chicken breasts.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of Franks Original Red Hot sauce into measuring cup.
- Pour hot sauce over chicken breasts in crockpot/slow-cooker.
Step 3: Add Hidden Valley Ranch Packet
- Open the Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix.
- Pour the entire packet into the crockpot and over the chicken breasts.
Step 4: Mix Crockpot Contents
- Mix all contents in crockpot/slow-cooker using a spoon.
- Make sure the mixture is covering the chicken breast after mixing.
NOTE: The ranch seasoning will somewhat clump up and will not completely dissolve into the hot sauce, this is OKAY!
Step 5: Time to Wait..
- Cover the crockpot with cover and cook chicken breasts on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Periodically check in on the chicken -- some crockpots cook faster than others.
Step 6: Shred Chicken in Crockpot
Step 7: Cool Down Period
- After you have shredded your chicken, allow it to sit for 5 minutes to cool down.
Step 8: Begin Wrap Making Process
Once the chicken is prepared, you will begin to put it all together and assemble the wrap.
- Take one wrap out of the packaging and place onto a plate.
Step 9: Put Chicken Into Wrap
- Take 1/4 cup of shredded chicken and place onto wrap.
Step 10: Add Lettuce
- Take lettuce out of packaging and place as much, or as little as you want into wrap.
NOTE: This is all about preference. If you prefer more lettuce, add more lettuce. If you'd like less, add less. I personally add a small handful.
Step 11: Add Cheese
- Add as much or as little shredded cheese as you want.
NOTE: I tend to add a little less cheese, about 2 tablespoons worth. This is all about preference.
Step 12: Add Sauce
If you would like to, you can add 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing or bleu cheese to this wrap to make it less spicy.
Step 13: Assemble Wrap
- Fold wrap starting from bottom -- fold the bottom up so that the contents won't fall out.
- Take two sides of wrap and fold them together.
Step 14: Your Wrap Should Be Complete
By this point, your wrap should be complete. Feel free to add anything you want with it as a side. Enjoy this as either lunch or dinner! This wrap is perfect for a quick and easy meal that doesn't break the bank. You can save the extra chicken in a container and store for about a week to re-enjoy on other days. Enjoy!