Introduction: Crock-Pot Pumpkin Bread
Prepare to have your world changed forever after you make this amazing recipe from https://wannabite.com/crockpot-pumpkin-bread/ . This bread comes out moist and flavorful. I usually have two crockpots going and make two loaves...it's that good!
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use Stevia plus 2 TBS soy milk)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 - 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 cups water
Large oval Crockpot
4-5 paper towels
5x9, 1.5 qt glass baking dish
Step 1: Sugar and Oil
1. BLEND your sugar choices with the oil in a bowl.
Tip: Remember to add a few tablespoons of liquid if you use Stevia as it tends to dry out baked goods.
Step 2: Mix Pumpkin, Eggs, Dry Ingredients
2. STIR in the canned pumpkin along with the eggs. Once mixed, you will next ADD your dry ingredients. STIR well until all ingredients are combined.
Step 3: Into the Dish
3. POUR the well-mixed batter into a greased 5x9 (1.5 quart) glass baking dish.
Step 4: Get the Crock-Pot Ready
4. ADD two cups of water to your Crock-Pot and set on "high". The water is important because it's the steam that actually cooks the scrumptious pumpkin bread.
Tip: if you want to do this step first and "pre-heat" the Crock-Pot and water while you assemble and mix ingredients, it will get you that much closer to eating the bread!
Step 5: Into the Crock-Pot
5. PLACE the baking dish across the top of the Crock-Pot.
Step 6: Cover and Cook!
6. PLACE the stacked paper towels across the top of the baking dish. ADD the dish towel to the top of the paper towels. The towel step is key so that you don't end up with mushy bread!COVER the towels with the Crock-Pot lid.
COOK for approximately 3 hours. The time depends on each individual Crock-Pot. After 2.5 hours, take a peek (carefully, there will be steam!) and see if the bread is starting to look "set". Don't check too often or the cook time will be lengthened.
Step 7: The Completed Dish
7. REMOVE the dish with pot holders once the bread is set and no longer wet. COOL the bread and it will release nicely from the pan.
ENJOY A SLICE!
Tip: If you preheated the water and Crock-Pot, the cook time might be closer to 2.5 hours.