Introduction: Crown Paper Hat
Paper is an incredible building tool and an accessible way to expand our understanding of 3D modeling. Let's build a classic Crown newspaper hat in the seventh of 8 Simple Newspaper Hat Tutorials. << Click the link to view the whole collection :)
Teachers and Parents:
For more details on how to extended this project for additional learning check out further resources in step 5. Topics include: Monarchies, Philosophy, UK Parliament / Government, and John Locke
- Single Sheet of Newspaper. *Note: You can also use a large flyer or wrapping paper.
- Fold the newspaper in half, so that it forms a long rectangle.
- Arrange the rectangle so that the long FOLDED edge is at the BOTTOM, closest to from you.
- Fold the bottom edge up 2"
- Continue to fold along bottom edge until you have a band of about 2" of newspaper remaining along the top edge.
- With the folded edge of the rectangle closest to you, fold one edge of the rectangle towards the center.
- Fold the second edge of the rectangle towards the center and overlap the first edge by an inch or two.
- Tape along the bottom 2" where the two piece of paper overlap to secure in place.
- Cut a zig-zag pattern horizontally across the top edge from one side to the other.
- Open along the bottom and place atop your head !
Step 5: Extended Learning
Monarchies, Philosophy, UK Parliament / Government, John Locke
How Absolute Monarchies work:
An introduction to UK Parliament:
3D Designing with Tinkercad:
1 Person Made This Project!
- randofo made it!