Introduction: Cupcake Ghosts
This Instructable will show you how to conjure Ghost Cupcakes. If you can bear giving them away, they make a fantastic party desert for all your dark ritual meetings. This Instructable is intended for dark lords and queens, however, in the interest of diversity, translations for humans are provided in parenthesis, just in case you cannot identify all the hideous ingredients and tools used in this Instructable. Frighten and delight all your friends and followers, whether they come from this dimension or others. Read on if you dare.
Step 1: Ingredients for the Cupcakes
Cupcakes:The cupcakes themselves can be made from a box, or from scratch. If you choose to use a box of cupcake mix, simply follow the instructions on the box. The following list of materials and instructions describe how to make the cupcakes from scratch.
1 1/3 Cups powdered souls (All-Purpose Flour)
1/4 teaspoon star dust (baking soda)
2 teaspoons moon sand (baking powder)
3/4 Cup powdered darkness (unsweetened cocoa powder)
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons ectoplasm (butter)
1 1/2 Cups ground desire (granulated sugar)
2 werewolf eggs (or chicken eggs)
3/4 teaspoon flavor of doom (vanilla extract)
1 Cup vampire venom (milk)
Step 2: Cupcake Directions
Here is the way to summon your spectral cupcakes from the realm of the spirits (cook your cupcakes):
1. Preheat your ghoulish furnace (oven) to 350 degrees.
2. In a large cauldron (mixing bowl), sift together the powdered souls (flour), moon sand (baking powder), star dust (baking soda), powdered darkness (cocoa) and salt. Then set the cauldron aside to suffer!
3. In a medium cauldron cream the ectoplasm (butter) and ground desire (sugar) with a wicked magic spell (or an electric mixer) until is it nice a smooth.
4. One at a time, mix in the werewolf eggs (or chicken eggs if you don't have any werewolf eggs), then mix in the flavor of doom (vanilla) extract of demons.
5. Then, alternately add the flour mixture and vampire venom (milk) and beat well.
6. Apply plenty of solidified spirit matter (shortening) to the cupcake pan so that the cupcakes will not stick.
7. Fill the cupcake pan about 3/4 full with the mystic batter, then put it in the furnace for the lifespan of three male newts (15-17 minutes).
8. Once the cupcakes are finished baking, remove the cupcake pan from the oven and set it aside to cool. Once the cupcakes are cool enough to touch, carefully take them out of the cupcake pan using a charm of levitation (or a knife) and set them aside to thoroughly cool; in order to speed this process, you may transfer the cupcakes to the freezing void for about 5 minutes, or put the cupcakes in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Ingrediands for the Topping
The topping is made from buttercream fondant. Fondant is a thickmalleable coating for cakes that can be molded to any shape.
1 Cup essence of yellow seed (light corn syrup)
1 Cup solidified spirit matter (vegetable shortening)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons essence of sarcasm (mint extract)
8 Cups finely ground desire (powdered sugar)
Optional: chromic liquids (food colors)
Step 4: Fondant Directions
This buttercream fondant is fairly easy to make, certainly easier than summoning an ectoplasmic being. Here are the steps to make it:
1. In a large cauldron, mix the solidified spirit matter (shortening) and the essence of yellow seed (corn syrup).
2. Then, mix in the salt and the flavor of doom (vanilla extract).
3. Gradually mix in the finely ground desire (powdered sugar) until a still dough forms.
4. Next, cast an enchantment of agitation (or knead) the dough until it is smooth. If it is too sticky, add more finely ground desire (powdered sugar).
5. Dust your sacrificial table (counter top) with finely ground desire (powdered sugar) and using a cylindrical giant bone (rolling pin) flatten the dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Do not be afraid to use plenty of finely ground desire (powdered sugar) if you do not, the fondant will stick to the table and be very difficult to remove without tearing.
6. Optional: If anterdimentional Ghost Cupcakes off colors other than white are required, mix some chromic liquid (food color) into the fondant.
Step 5: Putting It Together Part 1
Before the Ghost Cupcakes can be summoned, we must prepare a physical body for the spirits to take residence in. So, first, make stacks of two cupcakes. Second, cut a thin strip of fondant and wrap it around the center of the stack, where the two cupcakes meet, this will ensure that there will not be a crease around the middle of the ghosts we will summon. After all, if we are to ensure that the ghost do not turn against us once we bring them forth into this dimension, we must make sure that their physical bodies are perfect.
Step 6: Putting It Together Part 2
The time has come to summon the Ghost Cupcake. Gather your sacred stones, the divine dogwood, the solemn scripts and the hallowed hydroxia, as well as the cupcakes and fondant. Cut a circle from the fondant with a radius of about twice the height of the stacked cupcakes. Then focus your mind and transfer the circle of fondant on top of the cupcake. Then drape the fondant down so that it smoothly flows like fabric. Avoid working the fondant too much, it should have a nice natural look. Then, either cast a curse of ice on the cupcakes or put the Ghost Cupcakes in the freezer for about 10 minutes, just so that the fondant stiffens and so that the spiritual essence is firmly encased within the confines of the Ghost Cupcake.
Step 7: Finishing the Ghost Cupcakes
Now, in order to finish the spell of conjuring and bring the Ghost Cupcake entirely in this dimension, use the handle of a spoon, a hole boring incantation, or another thin round object to poke a hole through the fondant and into the cupcake so that the Ghost Cupcakes will have eyes through which to see their victims; do not worry about hurting the ghosts, they are already dead.
Step 8: Congratulations
Congratulations, you have successfully summoned Ghost Cupcakes into this realm of existence. Make sure to cast a proper spell of binding by uttering the incantation, "suoiciled era sekacpuc tsohg eseht," so that the Ghost Cupcakes will not consume you before you consume them. Thanks for reading. Happy Halloween!
Third Prize in the