Introduction: Plastic on Bike Storage for Phone, Wallet, Etc Made From Reused Plastic Bottles
This an easy to build project that can hold small items while you ride. It can hold your phone, wallet or keys securely. It is detachable and has an easy screw lid.
Step 1: Supplies and Equipment.
- Large- ish plastic bottle that will be the main compartment. should be large enough to hold what you want it to carry.
- plastic bottle or tub with screw cap around the same size as the other bottle.
- something to attach the bottles to the bike. I used some velcro straps but you can use anything including zip-ties and rope.
- Foam is optional but recommended as it protects your bike.
- Paint is also optional but recommended.
- Stanley Knife or other knife (Be careful with Knifes).
- Hot glue gun or other types of glue.
Step 2: Cutting the Bottles
Check before cutting that the bottle are roughly the same size and fit together. Cut the bottle with the screw lid just before the lid starts and cut of just an inch or 2 from the other bottle.
If you find a bottle that already has a screw lid and is the right size skip this step and the next one.
Step 3: Glue the Bottles Together
Use the hot glue to join them together at the point they were cut .
Step 4: Cut Slits to Add in Straps.
Cut the slits at the point where the bottle will attach to the bike. Make 2 slits for each strap about an inch apart and a cm longer then the strap. Do one strap at the top and one at the bottom.
Step 5: Painting (optional)
Painting is optional but definitely helps it to looks better. You can spray paint or normal paint. I used a primer to help the paint stick and it worked very well.
Step 6: Put It on Your Bike and Ride
Tie the straps around the frame on any side and you are ready to ride.
Participated in the