Introduction: Cutting and Serving Board
My daughter asked me if I could make a cutting and serving board for her friend. I went to my friend Zupan Boris for instructions. She is engaged in wood processing and makes really wonderful products. He explained to me in detail how to make a board. He also gave me the necessary material. When I looked at the piece of wood, it was nothing special. Many times such parts are destroyed, but we can do something beautiful.
Step 1: MATERIAL
1.Part of a chestnut trunk
2. Resin hardener and catalyst
3.Crushed glass from bottles
4. Metal handles
5.4 piece of wood screws for attaching the handles
Step 2: TOOLS AND MACHINES
3. Electric level grinder
4. Wood cutter
6. Plastic gun
7. A pen for writing on wood
9. Base board
10. Water scale
14. Sandpaper gr 80
Step 3: PROCESS
1. I put a part of the trunk in the workbench
2. I marked the area to be covered with chalk
3. I removed the crack in which there was bad unusable material with a chisel and an electric grinder.
4. I leveled the top surface
5. I turned the trunk, fixed it and leveled another surface
6. I sanded both surfaces
7. With a gas burner, I highlighted the years of growth of the trunk
8. I broke the bottle into small pieces. I used pieces of glass instead of pigment. This also uses less resin, and we do not need pigment.
9. I placed the cutting board on a smooth surface.
10.I sealed the bottom surface with a plastic gun to keep the resin from leaking out.
11. I leveled the board with a spirit level.
12. I prepared the resin according to the manufacturer's instructions. I weighed all the ingredients.
13.First I poured a little resin into the crack. Then I added glass. Then I filled the crack to the top with resin.
14. the next day I sanded both surfaces.
15. I wrote the dedication and the date with a wood pen.
16. I coated the whole board twice with oil suitable for food.
17. I also fastened the handles with screws.
Step 4: USE
This is what using a board looks like.
Participated in the