Introduction: DIY Christmas Gift Basket: How to Make Cute Handmade Foam Basket for Christmas Chocolates & Gifts!
Gifting is a unique way of merry making. It brings a smile to everyone’s life. No matter how big or small your gift may be, however, presentation is always important.
Baskets are always essential for carrying the gifts. Here we will make one such cute basket which can itself serve as a gift as well as carry small gifts in it.
Every thought of making a basket of your own! Well then make one, it not only displays your creativity but also adds a personalised touch to your gifts.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making Gift Basket
- Foam sheet
- Printed paper
- Colour papers
- Glue gun
- Glue stick
- Decorative pearls
- Craft glue
Step 2: Let's Make Different Geometric Shapes!
- Use a foam sheet and draw a circle measuring 6cm in radius.
- Cut the circle and keep it aside. Drawing a circle is easy with a divider.
- Draw different geometric shapes mostly rectangles of various measurements. Refer to the URL:- https://youtu.be/nei7Tmef_mI
- Cut the geometric shapes which will be used later.
Step 3: Let's Make a Basket!
- On the circular foam, use a scale and measure 2 cm width at the centre of the circle.
- Use a glue gun and apply the glue on the horizontal lines.
- Paste the horizontal sheet on top of this line in a vertical fashion.
- To form the wall of the basket, place the long sheets in a circular manner at the edges of the base circle and cover it completely.
- Seal the ends using glue.
Step 4: Let's Make the Basket Handle!
- To form the basket handle, again take the foam sheet and measure 1.5cm width using a ruler and cut it
- Bend the strip and paste it on the inner side of the basket between the two rectangles.
- Measure the same dimension on a colour paper and cut it.
- Paste the same again on the basket handle to decorate it.
Step 5: Let's Decorate the Basket Using Paper Strips!
- To decorate the outside wall of the basket, cut out colour paper strips.
- Each strip should measure 1.5*11 cm in dimension.
- Cut multiple pieces of the same dimension.
- Paste these pieces from the top end of the basket till the lower end in a decorative fashion as shown.
- Cover the entire basket with the colour strips.
Step 6: Let's Decorate the Basket Using Pearls!
- It’s time to decorate the basket.
- Take the larger pearl strands and paste it on the top end of the basket.
- Use the smaller pearl strands on the wall of the basket and paste it between each colour strips.
- Stick the larger pearl strands on the handle of the basket as well for an elegant look.
Step 7: Your Basket Is Now Ready to Use!
This DIY basket looks amazing and with minimal materials you can prepare one easily. It consumes less time and an elegant basket will be ready for gifting purpose. It can also be used as a decorative object for the house.