Introduction: DIY GoPro Extendable Pole
Learn how to make this awesome and versatile extendable pole for your GoPro for under $7!!!
NOTE: I did not paint the pole because I will give it away to one of my YouTube subscribers. This way, he/she can decorate it the way he/she wants. :-)
This embedded video shows a previous version I made a few months ago.
Step 1: Materials
- 3-feet of 1/2" PVC pipe $2 per 5-ft section
- 2 x Male 1/2-in Dia PVC Sch 40 Threaded Adapter $.74 for two (Lowe’s)
- 2 x Female 1/2-in Dia PVC Sch 40 Threaded Adapter $1.12 for two (Lowe’s)
- 2 x 1/2-in Dia PVC Sch 40 Cap $0.72 for two (Lowe’s)
- 2 x 8” velcro strap $1 (or similar; optional but recommended)
- GoPro bike mount
- 8” of pipe insulation $1/6 feet (optional) (Lowe's)
Step 2: Measure, Cut, and Assemble
- Cut the 3-foot pipe into 3 equal pieces; 12” each.
Note: Refer to the picture in this step to confirm the orientation the fittings and the other pieces will go.
- Dry fit the pieces-including the insulation and the bike mount, and then screw everything together. After you're satisfied with the dry fit and if you have PVC cement, you may permanently affix the fittings for additional strength.