Introduction: DIY Natural Laundry Bombs
Sometimes doing laundry sounds like a chemistry lesson: laundry detergent, bleach, fabric softener.
Now wonder many people get allergies from their cloth that have been exposed to so many chemicals.
Laundry detergents are also harmful to our environment because all our used water eventually end up in rivers and lakes.
However, it is possible to make 3 in 1 laundry bombs at home from ordinary ingredients.
One bomb consists of everything you need for doing laundry: detergent itself to clean your laundry; fabric softener, and stain removal. For example: washing soda is a great stain removal and it also removes unpleasant smells; epsom salt and vinegar act as fabric softeners and also natural disinfectants; laundry soapcleans your cloth and also removes stains. These bombs are cheap, eco-freindly and by adding essential oil of your liking you will achieve smell that is pleasant for you and your family.
Step 1: How to Make 3 in 1 Laundry Bombs? You Will Need the Following:
- Big and deep bowl
- 1.5 cap washing soda (I purchased mine at the local supermarket, but you can get yours here). You can also use regular baking soda.
- 1/2 cap of shredded laundry soap
- 2 table spoons of epsom salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 caps of 5% vinegar
- 5-8 drops of essential oil (I used Mandarine Essential Oil in this recipe)
- Wax paper
Step 2: Instructions
- Shred soap, add soda and epsom salt. Laundry soap will clean your cloth and remove all stains. Washing soda removes stains and works as a fabric softener. Epsom salt prevents cloth from getting static and aids in softening fabric while in a dryer.
- Add vinegar. Vinegar will assist in further cleaning cloth and removing stains, it also softens fabric. Then add your favourite essential oil for a pleasant smell (I used grapefruit one).
- Stir all ingredients. The mixture should look and feel like wet sand. Cover tray with wax paper. Use big spoon to form your bombs. I used ice cream scooper. Place your bombs on the tray. In a separate small bowl mix a bit of water and vinegar. Lightly wet your bombs with a mixture and let rest for 8 hours. Laundry bombs will dry and harden.
- If you used ice cream scooper of average size, one laundry bomb should be enough for one laundry load. Clothes come out clean, soft and full of nice and fresh smell.