Introduction: DIY Nature Lamp Shade
We had this idea on how to make a natural looking lamp shade. So, this DIY is for those who want to bring a little piece of nature into their home. These 3D printed lamp shade frame connectors will help you to create a lampshade out of small sticks and some leaves.
Items you will need:
1. 3D printed lamp shade frame connectors.
2. Small twigs from your yard, or someone else's, I am sure they will be more than happy for you to clean their yard.
3. Leaves, the more colorful they are the brighter the lamp shade will be.
4. A hot glue gun to hold all of the leaves together to the sticks.
5. A utility knife.
6. Last but not least, a lamp that works.
Step 1: 3D Printing the Models
3D print the lamp shade frame connectors. Total of 12 connectors. If necessary use Treatstock's 3D printing network instructable.
Step 2: Connecting the Sticks and Leaves
Find some sticks to put into the connectors. They should all be the same length, I used 6 in long twigs, if they vary in size just take a utility knife and cut them so they are all equal. In order for the sticks to fit into the connectors, you will have to take a utility knife to shave the ends down if they are thicker then the holes in the connectors. Also, to make a shade you should find some leaves, I recommend using all different color leaves to make it more colorful. After connecting all the sticks to the connectors, take the leaves and add some glue to attach them to the sticks.
Step 3: Attach the Frame to the Lamp
Now that you have made your lamp shade frame, you will need to attach it to the lamp itself.
Step 4: Enjoy Your Work
Turn the lamp on and enjoy!