Introduction: DIY Newspaper Handbag for Daily Use
Handbag is mandatory for ladies to carry their stuff around. These days’ different types of handbags are available in the market but have you ever heard of a handbag made up of the newspaper. If no, then we are going to make a handbag of newspaper. Do check it out!!
Step 1: Things Needed to Make Handbag
- Glue stick and glue gun
- Buckram cloth
- Decorative bead
Step 2: Let's Make Paper Rolls & Arrange It!
- Take a newspaper and fold it as shown. Cut along the folded area.
- Take a straw and roll the newspapers as shown. We need several such rolls.
- Now arrange and stick these rolls to one another as shown.
- Now weave the newspaper again and again to get a checked pattern.
- Paste the edges to the adjacent newspapers.
Step 3: Let's Make the Shape of Bag!
- Take water and glue and apply the solution on the patterned newspaper.
- Paste a buckram cloth on the newspaper as shown.
- Fold the newspaper to get a cylindrical shape.
- Now make two more patterns to cover the sides of the handbag.
- Cut out the patterns and paste the objects on the side of the handbag.
Step 4: Let's Paste Flap & Velcro!
- Apply paste on the inner surface of the purse and paste one more buckram cloth on it.
- Now make 2 more newspaper strip design which will serve as the connection between both the ends.
- Paste the newspaper strip on one end of the bag.
- Coat the other surface with glue solution.
- Now paste a Velcro on the inner portion of the strip to close the purse.
Step 5: Let's Decorate the Handbag!
- It is now time to decorate the handbag.
- Paste the decorative bead at the center of the bag.
- Stick the buttons on the front side of the strips.
There you go. Your handbag is now ready to use.
Step 6: Conclusion
Can you believe it, a handbag made up of the newspaper? It is unique in style and you can keep some of your regular stuff in this handbag. It is lightweight and can be carried easily. It increases the style quotient and looks outstanding.
Hope you have liked this craft. Please share your experiences and feedback for this craft in our comments section below.
Participated in the
Paper Contest 2018