Introduction: DIY Nonchip Nail Polish
Do you hate having chipped nail polish? Do you spend tons of money on manicures that last three days? Do you have cute eyeshadow color you know you'll never wear? We personally know how costly it is to maintain gorgeous, manicured nails. That's why we combed the Internet and came up with best DIY nail polishes and compiled our favorite matte and regular nail polishes.
Step 1: Materials
- - Top coat
- - Empty nail polish container (optional)
- - Maizena*
- - Clear cup or bowl
- - Toothpick
- - Stirrer**
- - Eyeshadow
- - Napkins
*You can use cornstarch or flour instead.
** You can use any plastic utensil as a stirrer.
Step 2: Creating Matte Nail Polish
- Combine equal parts Maizena* and top coat polish in the clear cup. Mix well with the stirrer.*
- Using the toothpick, scrap one eyeshadow color from the palette for a sheer color. If you want a more opaque (darker) color, put in two similar colors. Mix well. **
** Warning: The nail polish has strong fumes. Make sure to keep your windows open.
Step 3: Bottling Your Matte Polish
- Using a 2"x2" piece of paper and your stirring utensil, create a funnel and put it into the hole of the top coat container.
- Pour the matte nail polish into the container.
Step 4: Creating Cream (Regular) Nail Polish
- Using a 2"x2" piece of paper, create a funnel and put it into the opening of the top coat container.
- Using a toothpick, scrap an eyeshadow color for a sheer color into the funnel. For a more opaque color, put in two similar colors. Shake well.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Enjoy your new nail polish! Make sure to wait for the polish to dry between coats. No top coat needed (because you already used it to make the polish. This should last a week if managed well. For best results, add and reapply topcoat every 2-3 days.