Introduction: DIY Origami Nija Star
"If you want to be a true ninja, you need to be able to make your own weapons because they're really expensive."
The origami ninja star is fun and easy to fold. The weight, form, and shape are even and balanced all around making it also fun to throw. However, I have to warn you that the corners are sharp and can poke an eye out or cause injury. This origami ninja star is no ordinary toy. You have been warned. Now fold it and have fun.
All you need to do this craft is two origami paper(square).
Step 1: Materials Required
A thick sheet of any Craft paper is needed, let it be of any desired color.
A pair of scissors.
A Strong glue to paste the edges.
Step 2: Making Two Pieces
- Start with a square piece of origami paper, Fold the paper in half, then unfold.Cut in half. (I like to fold in half backward and forwards repeatedly increasing really well, and then slowly tear it in half).
- Fold the halves in half again so it's thinner.
Step 3: Folding the 'Z' Type Shape
- Fold both sheets down in half.
Unfold. All we need is the halfway crease.
Fold the top half to the side as shown without passing the halfway crease.
Fold the lower half of both sheets opposite of the upper half.
Turn both papers over so they match the positions as shown.
Step 4: Making the Cuts and Crease Perfect
- Fold the top squares of both sheets in half as shown.
- Fold the bottom squares of both sheets in half as shown.
- Fold the top triangles in as shown, but make sure the base of the triangle does not pass the halfway crease.
- Also, fold in the bottom triangles of both sheets.
- Unfold the top and bottom triangles of both sheets
Step 5: 'Z' Shape Type
- Place the right sheet on top of the left sheet.
- Tuck the right flap of the bottom sheet under the left side of the top sheet.
- Tuck the left flap of the bottom sheet under the right side of the top sheet.
- Tuck the above flap into the pocket of the top sheet.
- Tuck the lower flap into the other pocket of the top sheet.
Finish! Now you're a ninja with this 4 point ninja star!
Step 6: Play With Your Ninja Weapon
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017