Introduction: DIY UPCYCLED FASHION JEWELRY
Have you ever thought about remaining yarn pieces that are just leftovers from knitted sweaters?
if yes, please watch my video and following my Instructables, try to make some cute jewelry pieces for yourself or your beloved ones! They can also become great handmade gifts for the V-Day for any female relative or the best friend!
Step 1: WHAT TO LOOK FOR OR COLLECT !
The most important items for making an ethnic style necklace and bracelet are:
1. old yarn pieces (the more interesting the more exotic your piece will be)
2. some round plastic caps from jars or potato chip paper containers, etc. (it has to be a light one, not a heavy metal)
3. Some ethnic themed stretchy fabric pieces (I've found some stretchy leggings for small girls, but you may choose something else)
4. some wooden, plastic or metallic embellishments of your choice (I used some elephants, as my pieces should look more like ethnic Indian style)
5. I also used some empty duct-tape roll carton as the base for my bracelets
OPTIONAL ITEMS: you may use some beads, some wires for attaching the embellishments, some laces or ribbons if you choose to do so as a finishing touch to your necklace or bracelet. I used some beads for one of my necklaces and some ribbon pieces to make a bow behind my neck when I use my violet and lilac colored necklace. I also used some artificial fabric flower for my violet and lilac bracelet)
Step 2: HOW TO START AND FINISH !
FOR THE RED NECKLACE
1.Take the plastic or even any circle-cut carton and wrap the fabric piece of your choice around it and either glue it/mod-podge it to the carton or sew it from the back side (do it nicely, so when the necklace turns back and forward, the stitches are NOT seen)
2. Then cut some equal-sized pieces from your yarn to make a hanging tassel (you may even use artificial leather pieces or even some very narrow laces). Then tie /wire the tassel to already finished fabric circle piece.
3.you may add some beads and/or some embellishments from the top of the circle, then add the same material that you've used for the tassel to hang your necklace around your neck.
FOR THE BRACELET
1. take the empty duct tape carton roll and start wrapping it with the yarn of your choice. For additional security, you may first glue the end of the yarn before starting to wrap till the whole area of your bracelet is covered.(NOTE: please watch the video for a better idea)
2. After gluing the end piece of your yarn to your bracelet, just add any embellishments: flowers / beads of your choice: either by gluing or attaching them on top of your bracelet with a wire.
FOR THE EARRINGS
1. You may use a simple wire and bead combination to an earring FINDINGS (you get them from any craft store).
2. Add the ready earring to a simple yarn tassel and that's it: your earrings are ready !
Step 3: DECIDE WHAT COLORS OF CLOTHING TO WEAR
Now that you've got all your ethnic style fashion jewelry ready, it's time to wear them CORRECTLY!
You may think, "What does it mean: to wear a jewelry correctly?"
Yes! Lots of people love ethnic style but they cannot wear the pieces in a way that their hard work is noticed by others.
If you use more than two colors in your ethnic jewelry, then YOU HAVE TO WEAR A MONOTONE / PLAIN COLORED SHIRT/BLOUSE/DRESS, etc. (Please pay attention to the choices of colors that I've used to present my new sets of ethnic jewelry). You may even use your ethnic style bracelet with an elegant embroidered laced necklace (but only after you remove the embellishments from it: that's why, I prefer to attach the embellishments by a wire, instead of gluing them permanently to my bracelets (although I may have used the glue in the video...SORRY! :))
BE CREATIVE AND IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WITH YOUR NEW JEWELRY!
YOU MAY ALSO FIND ME ON YOUTUBE at Victoria H. (Victories of Creativity) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLM5aZ53GyeborSk...
for more DIYs, Cooking and Baking videos, home Organization, Haul Videos and Outfits of the Day. See you on my YT Channel !
HAPPY CREATING MY DEAR FRIENDS AND NEW VISITORS OF MY PAGE !
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure Contest 2017