Introduction: DIY Universal Battery Charger With Magnetic Terminals
This is my Second Instructables,
So your feedback will be really helpful for me to improve further.
Also check out my YouTube channel for more projects.
Today i am going to show you how to make a Universal Battery Charger with Magnetic terminals.
With this charger you can able to charge any Lithium ion and Lead acid battery voltage rangers between 1.5V to 30V, The reason why i used the magnetic terminals is using this you can easily connect/stick to any type of battery with out any need of special connectors for each type of battery.
So Lets kick start...!!
Step 1: Materials / Tools
- DC CC 9A 300W Step Down Buck Converter 5-40V to 1.2-35V
- DC Digital 100V 10A Ammeter Voltmeter
- DC Female Jack
- Neodymium Magnets 12mm to 15mm Diameter recommended
- PCB Standoffs
- Plexiglas/Acrylic sheet 2mm
- Heat shrink tube 2mm diameter
- I used DC 12V 2A power Adapter for testing – Maximum input can be 5 to 40 V DC Power rating should not exceed 300W
- Double side Tape
- Metal Washer
- Aluminum Foil Tape
- Carbon Fiber Sticker
- Hack Saw
- Soldering Iron
- Glue gun
- Masking Tape
- Aluminium Tape
- Wire Stripper
- Cutting Pliers
- Hole Saw
- Drilling Machine
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
Step 4: More Steps Will Be Updated Soon.....
⚠️ Disclaimer: Warning - Lithium or any type of rechargeable batteries can catch fire or explode if mishandled. Making a charger requires a more than a basic understanding in electronics to complete. We are not responsible for any kind of damage or loss, do everything at your own risk.