Introduction: Damn Good Oatmeal
For berry lovers this Damn good oatmeal in a jar will be a very delicious and healthy gift. You can gift this to coworkers, teaches and neighbors. It is simple to make and cook while being healthy and delicious. Try it and let me know how it tastes.
Step 1: Ingreadients
Steal Cut Oats- 1 cup.
Brown sugar-1/4 cup or less to taste
Dried coconut flakes-1 Tablespoon
Chia Seeds -2 table spoon.
Goji Berry-2 table spoon or more
Dried Freeze Raspberry - 1/4 cup
Dried Freese Strawberry - 2 tablespoon.
Almonds sliced -2 tablespoon.
Walnut chopped - 1/4 cup
Sunflower seeds - 1 tablespoon.
Cinnamon Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Mason Jar - 16 oz - one
Ribbon or raffia
Paper to write instruction
Large Cupcake Liner to decorate the lid of mason jar. or cut a round paper as I have done.
Step 2: Filling the Jar or Layer It
1. Add all the nut and berries along with the chia seeds in a bowl, except the oats and brown sugar.
2. Fill half of the Jar with the nut and berry mixture
3. Now spoon in the brown sugar.
4 Fill the rest of the half with the steel cut oats.
5. push the mixture down with a spoon and if there is any space remaining fill it with any remaining berry mixture. now close the mason jar.
One can also Layer the ingredients instead of mixing as I have done above.
Step 3: Cooking Instruction Card
Write down the cooking instruction in small card 2 inches by 2 inches card I have used decorative paper which is blank and white on the back.
1. Boil the mixture in 3 cup of water for 10 min in medium heat stirring regularly.
2. Once the oat is cooked in about 10 min or so remove it from heat and mix 1 cup of whole milk or half and half.
3. Serve with fresh cut berries and maple syrup.
Step 4: Decorating the Jar
First, tied a ribbon through the card so that it can be used to tie it around the cap of mason Jar cap. To further decorate I have glued small size bay leaf on the instruction card. Then put weight for 5 min or so for the glue to dry up.
Second I took a nice paper and cut it round to use it as a cape around the jar. U can use cloth or even large cupcake liner to decorate the lid.
Lastly, I took holly berries and glued it on top to give a christmas feel.
Participated in the
Mason Jar Challenge