Introduction: Date Night Soufflé
A soufflé is a fancy French dessert that is commonly eaten on romantic dates. Soufflés can be various flavors, but this Instructable is for a chocolate soufflé.
Step 1: What You'll Need
You will need:
(2) ramekins that are oven safe
(1 tbsp) butter
(1 tbsp) all-purpose flour
(1/3 cup) whole milk
(1 1/2 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
(2) egg yolks
(2) egg whites
(1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
(2 tbsp) sugar
Extra sugar and vegetable oil
For the Chocolate Sauce:
(4 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
(1/3 cup) crème fraîche
(1 tsp) butter
Pinch of salt
Step 2: Preparing the Ramekins
1. Brush your ramekins with vegetable oil. Don't forget to get the sides.
2. Add the extra sugar to the ramekins. Make sure the sugar fairly coats the ramekins. Set aside.
Step 3: Making the Batter (part 1)
1. Add your butter into a sauce pan over medium-high heat until it melts.
2. Change to low heat and add your flour. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Switch back to medium-high heat and add your milk. Let it boil.
4. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until melted.
5. Add egg yolks. Stir, then set aside
Step 4: Making the Batter (part 2)
1. Put your egg whites into an electric mixer.
2. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add sugar gradually.
3. Keep beating until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture. Fold with rubber spatula until combined. Add the chocolate mixture to the rest of the egg whites and fold until combined.
4. Put batter into ramekins. Put in oven for 15-18 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
Step 5: Making Chocolate Lava
1. Put butter, crème fraîche and salt into a saucepan. Stir until melted.
2. Add the chocolate chips. Stir until melted.
Step 6: Finish
Take your soufflés out and break a hole in the middle. Pour in chocolate lava and serve to the lady... Or guy.
First Prize in the
Date Night Dinners Challenge