Introduction: Death Star Candy Bowl
If you're a Star Wars fan, then this is a great candy bowl for Halloween!
Step 1: Laser Cut Your Pieces
1. Download the death star file from: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38766
2. Depending on the make and model of your laser cutter, follow those specifications to get the file onto the machine.
3. Size the wood accordingly, and start cutting!
Step 2: Build It
4. Use clear superglue to put the pieces together. Be careful not to glue in an area where there are things you do not want glued!
Step 3: Paint
5. When it is dry, paint it black. I used black tempera paint, but any paint suitable for wood will work.
Step 4: Do Steps 1-3
6. Do steps 1-6 again, for the other side!
Step 5: Cut
7. Cut out in the 1/3 of the 2 middle rings. I used a bandsaw to do this.
Step 6: Glue
8. Paint this side black, too. Do not glue them together yet!
Step 7: Glue Fabric
9. Put black fabric in the side of the bowl with all of the ribs. Use superglue or hot glue to glue the fabric to the ribs.
Step 8: Put Them Together
10. Now, use glue to attach the two halves together. Now to make the indent that truly makes this recognizable as a death star:
Step 9: Making the Indent
11. Laser cut the indentation by using a 3D modeling program (I used Autodesk’s Fusion 360, which is free!) to build the following components: The bottom ring of the indentation is 70mm. The second one to the bottom is 20mm wide and the outside circle is 90mm, inside circle is 60mm. The next circle, the outside is 85mm, the width is 15mm, and inside ring 70mm. The top one is 8mm wide, the outside is 110mm, and the inside circle is 95mm.
12. Laser cut these according to the specifications of your machine.
13. Glue all of the circles together in the order mentioned above.
14. Paint that black.
15. Then, glue it to the Death Star to the left of the opening.
Step 10: Jazz It Up If You Want
PS: If you would like, you can print 3D print Star Wars links here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1273673 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1273673
Participated in the
Halloween Contest 2017