Introduction: Delicious Hot Ham 'n' Cheese Sandwiches
These quick and easy yet delicious sandwiches are a family favorite... a great way to add flavor and complexity to a simple ham (or turkey) sandwich!
For all ingredients, adjust quantities to fit your family size!
- Bread of your choice (I used 24 pieces of homemade sourdough, which tasted amazing!)
- Cheese of your choice - (I used a soft mozzarella, which worked great)
- Deli Ham or Turkey (I used 1 1/2 lbs for 12 sandwiches)
- Butter (I used 6 tablespoons total)
- Dijon mustard (I used about 2 tablespoons)
- Poppy seeds
Step 1: Prep the Griddle
Turn the griddle onto medium/low heat, and season with 2 tablespoons of butter.
Step 2: Building the Sandwich
Continue as though you are making any old grilled cheese sandwich (with the addition of ham or turkey)...
Step 3: Adding the Flavor...
In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the dijon mustard and stir well. Pull the sandwiches off the griddle and spoon the sauce over them.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Sprinkle with poppy seeds for extra flavor and presentation if desired. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Sandwich Speed Challenge