Introduction: Descendants Audrey / Maleficent Scepter DIY
What You Will Need:
AMAZON SHOPPING LIST:
1 Green Easter Egg (Amazon Prime Link) $3.75
DOLLAR TREE SHOPPING LIST:
1 Broom Stick (DOLLAR TREE BROOM) $1
1 Roll of Masking Tape 1” x 50 yards (DOLLAR TREE TAPE) $1
3 Glue Stick Bags (DOLLAR TREE GLUE STICK) $1
1 Brown Acrylic Paint (DOLLAR TREE PAINT) $1
1 Black Acrylic Paint (BLACK DOLLAR TREE PAINT) $1
MICHAEL’S SHOPPING LIST
1 Brown Acrylic Paint (SATIN ACRYLIC CRAFT SMART EXPRESSO) .79
1 Black Acrylic Paint (SATIN ACRYLIC CRAFT SMART BLACK) .79
1 Hot Glue Gun (FASHION MINI GLUE GUN BY ARTMINDS) $3.99
Grand Total: $12.00
This DIY will cost around $11.74 if you don't have any of this stuff at home.
Useful Tools and Tips:
Silicone Baking Matt - to catch glue drippings. Newspaper - To use when painting.
Want to Bedazzle your Scepter? Here are the Supplies you will need:
Green Crystal Rhinestones : (Amazon Prime Link)
E6000 Adhesive (Amazon Prime Link)
Rhinestone Dotting Pen (Amazon Prime Link) (I highly recommend this)
1. Start off by Gluing your Green Easter Egg Closed. During this step you can add a light inside the egg that is activated by movement. (Examples: Lights found in bouncing balls and small toys)
2. Use Hot Glue to build the top of the scepter, leave 4-5 holes in the shape of the vines on the scepter, use a reference image for inspiration.
3. Build on design with layers of glue and allow to dry.
4. Glue your Egg to the top of your metal Broomstick.
5. Build on layers of hot glue to connect the egg to the broomstick.
6. Allow to Dry.
7. Use masking tape around the circumference of the broom to create a swirly vine around the scepter.
8. Build and add layers of masking tape, wrinkling it around the broomstick to add texture, cover the broomstick completely until no metal is present. Make sure to keep the swirling vine visible.
9. Continue hot glue layers between the egg and the broomstick, glue over the masking tape.
10. Paint the entire scepter black and allow to dry.
11. Paint the entire scepter brown leaving some black to show through to add dimension.