Introduction: EZ WiFi Vendo Machine
We are going to build a coin or voucher operated WiFi vending machine out of Raspberry Pi
================ D I S C L A I M E R =================
I am not responsible for any damage caused during the assembly and operation. Do it at your own risk.
Step 1: Prepare the Needed Materials
- Raspberry Pi3 B+ or Orange Pi One
- 16gb SD Card (Sandisk Ultra Class10 recommended)
- Multi Coin slot
- 12v DC Power Supply
- Outdoor/Indoor Access Point that supports Bridge Mode with DHCP disabled (Optional)
- USB to RJ45 Network Adapter (Optional)
- Fiber Internet Connection (Recommended)
- Female to Female Jumper Wire Cables
- DC Barrel Jack Adapter
- USB SD Card Reader
- EZ WiFi Vendo License Software (Can be downloaded at http://ezsoftware.net)
- 3 pcs Cat6 or Cat5e Patch Cords
- Single channel relay with optocoupler
2Pcs 5mm LED Lights (red and green)
2Pcs 1k Resistors
You can use an Outdoor or Indoor Access Points if you want to extend the coverage if your wifi signal by using USB to RJ45 Network adapter
Step 2: Wiring All the Materials
- Connect the GPIO2(Pin3) going to "Coin" pin usually the white cable that came with the Coin Slot.
- Connect the +12V red cable from the coin slot to the NC port of the relay
- Connect the +12V cable to the positive port of the Female DC Barrel Jack
- Connect the ground Black cable from the coin slot to the negative port of the Female DC Barrel Jack
- Connect the same ground Black cable to any of the ground pins on the Raspberry Pi (Pin6, Pin9, Pin14, Pin20, Pin25, Pin30, Pin34, Pin 39)
- Connect the Raspberry Pi 5V(Pin2) to Relay VCC Port (This is +5V)
- Connect the Raspberry Pi GPIO3(Pin5) to Relay IN port (Signal Out)
- Connect the Raspberry Pi only 1 ground pin (Pin6, Pin9, Pin14, Pin20, Pin25, Pin30, Pin34, Pin 39) to Relay GND port (Ground)
- Set the coin slot switches to “fast” and “NO”
- Connect the Red LED light positive side to +12V Power supply
- Connect the Red LED light nevative side to 1k resistor going to the negative12V Power Supply
- Connect the Green LED light positive side to +12V red cable from the coin slot
- Connect the Green LED light negative side to other 1k resistor going to the negative12V Power supply
Step 3: Preparing for the First Run
- Connect the on-board Network Port (RJ45) of the Raspberry Pi going to the ISP’s Modem or Switch. This network will be the source of the internet connection
- (Optional) Connect the USB to LAN adapter to one of the USB ports of the Raspberry pi.
- (Optional) Connect the USB to LAN adapter Network Port (RJ45) to the Access Point/Bridge (If using a router, use port 1. Do not use the WAN port)
- (Optional) Make sure to disable the DHCP Server/Feature of the Access Point/Bridge (Note: Most WiFi repeaters are not capable for this type of network application)
- Plug the 5V power supply to the Raspberry Pi and the other end to the 1 to 3 Ports AC Outlet Adapter
- Plug the 12V Barrel Jack to Female Barrel Jack and plug the other end to 1 to 3 Ports AC Outlet Adapter
Step 4: Writing the Image to SD Card
- Download the image at http://ezsoftware.net make sure you select the right software for your board
- Unzip the file
- Write the image to the SD Card using the software Win32 Disk Imager (can be downloaded at https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/...
- Prepare the coffee while waiting for the writing process to complete.
- Insert the SD Card to the Raspberry Pi/Orange and start booting.
Step 5: Configuring the Vendo Software
Two options to configure the admin page:
Option 1 - Using WiFi Network
- Connect the computer/mobile device to the vendo WiFi network
- Using the browser open http://admin.localnet. Login using the default username/email = email@example.com and default password = admin
Option 2 - Using WAN Network (Windows)
- Open http://ezadmin.local/ in your browser
- Login using the default username/email = firstname.lastname@example.org and default password = admin
Step 6: Using the Vendo
- Connect to EZ WiFi Vendo network and wait for the popup window (Portal Page) to show. For older phone models, please type 10.0.0.1 in the browser.
- Press "Insert Coin" button. (Product must be actvated to use coin feature. You can use voucher during the trial period of 15 days.)
- Wait for the beeping sound from the phone or the green light located on the coinbox and begin inserting the coins.