Introduction: Folded Paper Tree Garland
These are so simple and quick to make! I originally made them for cards and tags, but this year I thought it would be fun and festive to make a garland.
Step 1: What You Need...
- double-sided paper (unless you like a monochromatic look)
- a circle punch (or a circular object to trace and cut out)
- hole punch
- jute / twine / ribbon of your choice (I used jute)
- glue (if you want to glue your tree flat)
Step 2: Just Four Easy Steps...
1. Punch (or trace/cut) circles & cut in half
2. Fold as shown in picture (there's no real measurement here)
3. Punch holes in the top of all your trees
4. Thread your jute / twine / ribbon through the holes (I tied a knot after each tree to keep them in place)
You're done! Now just string your garland around a banister, tree, greenery, wall, doorway, window...
Step 3: Alternate Ideas...
These are some other projects I've done with them. I just thought it might be fun to string a few together and wrap around a gift or neck of a wine bottle. I think I'll give that a try. Would love to see what you do with them!
Participated in the