Introduction: Fortnite Supply Drop Piñata
In the last few years, Fortnite has become quite a popular game among kids and adults, so why not make a Fortnite themed piñata? I chose to make a supply drop piñata because I wanted to make a uniquely shaped pinata and because opening supply drops reminds me of opening a piñata. I am a Fortnite player myself and I based this supply drop off my experience with the game. I tried to replicate the design of a supply drop in real life and I am quite happy with how it turned out. Really any kid would love this at a birthday party or just for fun!
- 1 balloon of any color
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Yellow and white paper
- Yellow and blue paint
- 160 inch string
- Scotch tape (optional)
Whisk (or spoon if you don't have a whisk)
Brown colored pencil
- Goodies of your choice!
Step 1: Make the Paper Mache Balloon
- To start, blow up a balloon to approximately a 36 inch circumference around the largest part of the balloon.
- Make the glue by mixing 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of water, and 1 tablespoon of salt thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
- Cut out strips of paper and glue on the strips to the balloon. Do not glue any strips on the bottom of the balloon.
- Let it dry.
- (Optional) Remove the rubber balloon inside of the paper mache balloon.
- Paint the top, middle, and bottom of the dry balloon with yellow paint.
- Cut out 4 letter V's from 2 in. x 2 in. squares of white paper and glue them onto the balloon.
Step 2: Make the Supply Drop Box
Now to make the supply drop box!
- Draw the net of a 7 x 7 x 7 in. cube with 2 in. flaps on stiff cardboard and cut out the design.
- Fold along the dotted lines and assemble the box with glue, leaving the top open.
- Cut out 24 1-inch strips that fit the length of the box and glue the strips on each edge.
- Paint the box blue and add details with a brown colored pencil.
- (Optional) Cut out a diagonal strip, then glue the diagonal strip to one of the sides.
- Cut out the letters D-R-O-P out of yellow paper and glue the letters onto a different side of the box than the diagonal (if you chose to do the diagonal piece).
Note: the brown details can be done however you would like. I copied the details from an image that I found online by searching "Fortnite supply drop". I am not including the image I used in this instructable for copyright reasons, however, there are a lot of good pictures out there that you can use.
In my opinion, the brown details and the word D-R-O-P on the side of the box is the part that really makes the whole piñata pop, so make sure to get that rustic feel into the piñata!
Step 3: String the Balloon and the Box Together
- Cut a small hole on the top of the balloon and the four corners of the box, top and bottom.
- Cut a string 160 inches long and fold it in half. Make a big knot 18 inches from the fold. The balloon will rest on this knot so it should be bigger than the hole on the top of the balloon.
- (Optional) I used a scotch tape to stiffen the string ends so that they can go through the holes more easily.
- Thread the string up through the top of the balloon and then down to the box as shown in the pictures.
- Tie all four strings together about 10 inches below the big knot.
This part of the project can be confusing, so make sure you really take a look at the pictures to guide you through the process.
Step 4: Put the Candy in the Box
All done! Now put the goodies in the box, seal the top flap, and hang it outside!
Step 5: Let the Fun Begin!
Participated in the
DIY Summer Camp Contest
1 year ago
Love it! but how does it float?
3 years ago
So cute!! It looks perfect :)