Introduction: Free IPod Touch Dock
All the parts you need come with the iPod and it is very easy to construct. Basically, you cut a hole in the box and put the dock adapter in the hole.
You can also make a dock for other iPods but you would have to make your own template. If you do, post your template.
Step 1: Supplies and Tools
iPod Touch Retail Box (just the top)
iPod Touch Dock Adapter
iPod Touch USB Cable
Single Sided Tape
Double Sided Tape
Matte (or X-acto) Knife
Ruler or Marked T-Square
Step 2: Prep Box
1. Tear out foam inside the box
2. Print template (the PDF)
3. Cut out template
4. Center template on box (4 cm from the left and right side, 3.2 cm from the top and bottom)
5. Tape template to box (the long flat side of the template is the front)
6. Cut out hole
7. Cut out small hole in the center of the bottom edge of the back side of the box for the USB cable
Step 3: Place Dock Adapter in Hole
1. Place double sided tape on back of dock adapter
2. Place dock adapter in hole
Step 4: Attach Cable
1. Tape USB Cable into place (the gray logo faces front)
2. Place USB into notch in the back
Step 5: Place IPod in Dock
1. Run USB cable out the whole on the back of the box
2. Attach USB port to computer
3. Place iPod in dock
Participated in the
The Instructables Book Contest
1 Person Made This Project!
- 518design made it!