Introduction: Fried Potato Balls
In this instructable, I will show you how to make fried potato balls. This is a very simple recipe and can be easily recreated at home. So lets get started!
For potato filling:
- Potatoes - 5 to 6
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cilantro powder - 1 pinch
- Dry mango powder - 1 pinch
For coating to deep fry:
- Gram flour- 1 cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chili- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder- 1 pinch
- Cilantro powder-1 pinch
- Dry ginger powder- 1 pinch
- Carom seeds- 2 pinch
Step 1: Prepare the Potatoes
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft.
- Mash the boiled potatoes using your hands until they are roughly as in the picture.
- Add salt, red chili powder, cilantro powder and dry mango powder.
- Mix the potato filling till the spices and condiments are mixed uniformly.
- Make Balls from the potato filling and put them on a metal tray with a bit of oil so that they don't stick to the tray.
- Set the tray aside and prepare the coating.
Step 2: Make the Coating for Frying
To make the coating batter, follow these steps:
- Add the gram flour and water in a flat-based bowl. Mix it to make a batter to deep fry it.
- Add salt, red chili, dry mango powder, cilantro powder, dry ginger power, carom seeds and mix it well.
- It is done! Now in the next step, we will fry the potato balls.
Step 3: Fry Them!
To fry the potato balls,
Coat the potato balls in the gram flour mixture. Then pour about a cup of canola oil in a wok. Fry till they are golden brown.
Step 4: Done!
They are done! Serve them hot with a bit of ketchup.
Please vote for me in the contest
Participated in the
Meat Free Meal Challenge