Introduction: Glitter Ornaments
Christmas season is quickly approaching and ornaments are always a perfect and easy gift to make. This project is very simple and great for beginners. The overall project takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Young children should not try to attempt this on their own, but it is a fun family activity. Enjoy and happy holidays!
1. Clear ornaments. They can be any size, plastic, or glass. I recommend using plastic, especially with children.
2. Pledge Floor Finish for wood floors.
3. Fine Glitter (Can be any color).
5. A disposable cup/bottle.
Step 1: Prepare Your Materials
WARNING: FLOOR FINISH CAN STAIN SURFACES
1. Begin by laying out a hefty amount of newspaper on the surface you are using to avoid damage.
2. Take the ornament out of the box and place it on the newspaper.
3. Pick out your favorite color of glitter. You can only use one per ornament.
Step 2: Squirt the Floor Finish Into the Ornament
WARNING: AVOID MOUTH AND EYES WHEN USING FLOOR FINISH
1. Grab your ornament and the floor finish.
2. Take off the top of the ornament.
3. Place three squirts of the floor finish into the ornament. The bottom of the ornament should be filled. If you need to add more, do so now.
Step 3: Coat the Ornament With Floor Finish
Now that the floor finish is in the ornament, you need to coat the ornament.
1. Begin at the bottom of the ornament. Swish the floor finish around to cover this part.
3. Swirl the ornament, forcing the liquid to move and cover the rest of the ornament. Follow the video above.
3. Grab the disposable cup once it is fully coated.
4. Pour the remaining floor finish from the ornament into this cup. There will always be left overs.
Step 4: Grab the Glitter
WARNING: KEEP GLITTER AWAY FROM PETS AND YOUNG CHILDREN (NOT EDIBLE)
1. Grab the glitter you are using and take off it's cap.
2. Measure two tablespoons of glitter.
3. Pour this into the opening of the ornament.
Step 5: Coat the Ornament With Glitter
1. Swirl the ornament in a similar motion as you did before with the floor finish. Watch the video above.
2. Once you have finished, the ornament should be fully coated with glitter.
Note: If your ornament is not fully coated, add a teaspoon of glitter. If there is any excess glitter pour it back in the original bottle.
Step 6: Final Step and Cleanup
1. Put the cap of the ornament back on.
2. Your ornament is now complete, congratulations! If you want to add a string or hanger to the ornament you can now.
1. Seal the bottle of floor finish.
2. Clean up the glitter, especially if you have pets or children.
3. Fold up the newspaper you have used.
5. Throw out the newspaper as well as the disposable cups you used.