Introduction: Glowing Old USB Flash Drive
so after going through many instructables, i finally decided to make one.i was having an old usb flash drive without any cover and three old halogen bulbs so i decided to test on it.
on first i was trying to put the pcb inside bulb by cutting the bulb because separately it was a bit longer but pcb was wider so the bulb broke out.then i tried separately...have a look
what you will need
- an old halogen bulb from car headlight
- old usb flash drive
- blue led
- 220 ohm resistor
- soldering iron & wire
- super glue
- glue gun
- perfume bottle neck and cover(according to usb)
Step 1: MAKING
- first of all take out the glass bulb from its holder without breaking it as u can see i have broke one too ;-)
- take out glass holder which i have mentioned in picture.you can use it for other project too and its size is perfect for usb male port as u can see.in my case its 2 points are fitted accurately at the usb connector to pcb soldering points so i soldered the metal with the pcb.
- sold the 220 ohm resistor on led+ leg and sold the other end of the resistor to 5v pin of usb connector and led- with gnd (see usb connector picture for pin outs)
- take out perfume bottle neck (see picture for reference) and make its hole wider so the flash drive`s pcb can go through it.in this way the neck will get connected to the glass holder metal.
- as you know the bottle neck provides a top cover support also so cut the cover by required length
- connect one side of the cover with glass holder metal and on the other side put the halogen bulb
- finally wrap all with sticker and there you go....usb ready
- i broke 2 bulbs in this preparation.
- so in case if you broke one too just put the bulb in opposite direction..it will also look cool..
- sorry for my bad english