Introduction: Grandma's Apple Pie
This pie won't disappoint, it's a tried-and-true recipe that will be a wonderful dessert to any dinner party!
Step 1: Ingredients
What you'll need:
- 8 large granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (salted)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pie crust (for this recipe I bought them, but you can make your own if you'd like)
Step 2: Prepare Your Pie
1. Peel and dice your apples into small pieces. Place the apples into the crust, and build your lattice top (over-under technique).
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour to create a paste.
4. Add water, brown sugar and white sugar and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
6. Pour mixture directly on top of your pie, covering the lattice crust.
Step 3: Bake!
Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream.