Introduction: Grilled Tandoori Chicken ( It's a South Asia Punjabi Food )
Please do VOTE!! If u like the recipe
Outdoor Cooking is a traditional way to cook...
Its a great opportunity to explore our skills...
Outdoor cooking, youths and childrens can learn a number of valuable life skills, including:
1.Food preparation and nutrition
2 Following directions and recipes
3.Hands-on, practical cooking with limited equipment or supplies
4.How to build, light, manage, and put out a fire
Science (different types of heat) and math (measuring and cutting)
5.Confidence to try something new
6.Being in the outdoors with no high-tech or screens to distract them
7.The ability to cook a variety of foods in different outdoor or “grid-down” situations, such as for backyard barbeques and camping trips, as well as during power outages or other survival situations.
8.Cooking experience and understanding of basic cooking terms
9.Knowledge of the equipment to be used
10.Experience leading youth individually and in groups.
I am damn sure you will love to eat this dish which i made.. Yah!! Its a delicious South Indian special Grilled Tandoori chicken. I used my home garden backyard to cook.
The spicy marinade which coats the chicken gives it a distinct flavour, but the yoghurt balances it out to prevent it from being overly spicy.
It also gives off a smoky flavour which is due to the chicken being traditionally cooked in a tandoor but i made it in a small grill round jali.
This makes the dish unique to other Desi chicken recipes.
Tandoori chicken is one of the most commercially available meat dishes throughout South Asia.
Step 1: Ingredients and Cooking Equipments
Marination time - 6 to 8 hours
Cooking time - 30 to 40 mins
Yoghrut or Curd
Kashmiri red chilly powder
Ginger Garlic Paste
Red colour powder (Optional)
Ghee ( For Flavouring )
Equipments Needed for Cooking
Grill round jali
Step 2: Marination Process
1. First of all, take one plate add Curd, Garam Masala, Kashmiri red chilly Powder, Salt, Tandoor Powder, Turmeric Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Kasuri Methi and Red Colour Powder (It is Optional).
2. Mix all the above ingredients.
3. Rub it to the chicken pieces.
4. Let the marinated chicken sit for atleast 6 hours.
Step 3: Cooking Process
For cooking, I have choosen a unique way to cook the chicken.
1. Before cooking the chicken, take charcoal and heat it
2. Once it is hot enough, transfer the charcoal into a mud pot.
3. Place the grill round jali to the mud pot.
4. Then place the marinated chicken into it ... Cook it well.
5. After 15mins flip the chicken pieces and spread the ghee into it.
6. And cook this side about 15 mins.. It takes to cook about 30 to 40 mins.
7. Now the Grilled Tandoori Chicken is ready to be serve.
Step 4: Garnish and Presentation ( Eat and Enjoy!! )
The Mouth Watering Grilled Tandoori Chicken is Ready to Eat.
I just used Tomato and Mint leaves for Plate Presentation and some Onion, lemon and mint leaves for Garnish the dish..
Accompaniment - Mint chutney or Mayonnaise Sauce from Basic Mother Sauce.
Lets Eat and Enjoy!!
Step 5: Grilled Tandoori Chicken Making Video ( With Photos )
Participated in the
Outdoor Cooking Speed Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- shivaranjani12 made it!