Introduction: Handmade Altered Double Display Card!!! Easy to Do!
Hello Everyone! I am back with another card making instructable! In this one I will be teaching you how to make this beautiful Altered Double Display Card! It is actually pretty easy to do and doesn't need very much supplies! So, let's get started!
I have entered this instructable in the Paper Contest, so if you enjoyed it, please vote for me! I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Step 1: Supplies!
First, you want to gather all of these supplies-
-Cutting Mat (I use a thick plastic piece)
-Scoring Tool (I use a pottery tool. Lol I haven't tried it, but I have heard that you can use the dull side of a butter knife.)
-Thick Plastic Ruler or Metal Ruler
-Foam Tape (I got a few rolls from Dollar Tree!!!)
There are going to be a lot of measurements, but I will try to explain it as best as I can. You can also use the picture to see the measurements.
1.75in. x 3.75in. (2 Pieces)
.75in. x 1.75in. (4 Pieces)
3.5in. x 3.5in. (1 Piece)
1.75in. x 5.75in. (2 Pieces)
-Patterned Cardstock (Light Coral with Darker Coral Crosses)
Card Base- 6in. x 12in.
-Patterned Cardstock (Teal Geometric)
1.5in. x 3.5in. (2 Pieces
-Patterned Cardstock (Darker Coral)
.5in. x 1.5in. (4 Pieces)
-Patterned Cardstock (Banner with Circles)
1.5in. x 5.5in. (2 Pieces)
Step 2: Scoring and Cutting
I didn't know any other way to describe how to do this, so I made a diagram. Pink lines mean cut and green lines mean score. Once you are done, your card should look like the last two pictures.
Step 3: Folding on Your Score Lines
1. I have made a diagram showing you how to fold your scored lines. V means Valley Fold and M means Mountain Fold. Make sure you are folding your card with the design facing you.
2. Once you have folded on all of your score lines, make sure your card looks like the last 4 pictures.
Step 4: Let's Start Decorating!!!
1. Grab your tape runner, card base, and your 3.5in. x 3.5in. cardstock
2. Apply tape to your white cardstock and stick to the middle of your card. This provides you a good size space to write your message.
1. Grab your tape runner, patterned cardstock (1.5in. x 3.5in.), white cardstock (1.75in. x 3.75in.), and card base
2. Stick your patterned cardstock in the center of your white cardstock
3. Stick your two pieces to the side of your card (See Picture)
1. Grab your card base, patterned cardstock (.5in. x 1.5in.), white cardstock (.75in. x 1.75in.), and tape runner
2. On all 4 pieces, stick your patterned paper in the center of your white cardstock
3. Stick all 4 pieces on the card (See Picture)
1. Grab your last pieces of cardstock, tape runner, card base, foam tape, and sentiment piece
2. Stick your patterned cardstock pieces to the center of the white cardstock pieces
3. Stick both pieces the the front of the card (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this without showing the sentiment piece)
4. Apply a few pieces of foam tape on your sentiment piece
5. Stick to the center of the front of your card
Step 8: Done!!!
You are finished!!! I love how this turned out! I just had to make more! You can see one of the ones I made in the last 2 pictures. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below!
I have entered this instructable in the Paper Contest, so if you enjoyed it, please vote for me! I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!!
Participated in the