Introduction: Hawaiian Style Stuffed Burger Dogs
Hawaiian style stuffed burgers in the form of a hotdog!!!
Step 1: Thing You Will Need
A roll of plastic wrap
2 pounds raw hamburger meat
1/2 cup soyaki sauce
1/2 cup of chopped red onions
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp crushed Garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can of pineapple chunks or fresh pineapple
6 Provolone cheese slices
1 package of french rolls or large hotdog buns.(as you can see in the pic, small buns might be to small for your liking).
Baste for grilling:
1 TBSP crushed garlic
1/4 cup soyaki sauce
Step 2: Seasoning the Hamburger
1. Place hamburger meat in Large bowl or pan an hollow out the center.
2. Place egg, soyski sauce, garlic,onion, black pepper, and bread crumbs into hollow area of meat
3. Mix with (clean) hands until everything is thoroughly blended.
Step 3: Preping the Burger Dog
1. Place square piece of plastic wrap flat on clean cutting board or work surface.
2. Place 1/6 of hamburger meat in the center of the plastic wrap and smash it down a little.
3. Place a second piece of plastic wrap on top of the hamburger and use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten it to 1/2 inch thick and about 6 inches by 6 inches wide
4. Remove plastic from the top.
Step 4: Filling & Rolling Your Dog
1. Place 1 slice of provolone cheese near the upper middle area of the hamburger .
2. Place a line of pineapple chunks through the middle of the slice of cheese.
3. Carefully pull plastic wrap toward you so the hamburger completely wraps around the cheese and pineapple chunks tightly.
4. Gently press all sides of the rolled hamburger together until the Pineapple & cheese are fully sealed within. Make sure that it is sealed completely or your cheese will melt out while cooking.
5.repeat until all 6 dogs are wrapped
6. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cooking. this will help to keep the Dogs solid while cooking. I usually do this while starting the grill.
7. Mix the 1/4 cup soyaki sauce and 1 TBSP crushed garlic in an small container to use as a baste while grilling
Step 5: It's Cookin' Time!
1. Place dogs on the grill "against the grain" of the grill spokes. this will make them roll easily without sticking between the cracks.
2. cook each side thoroughly. As one side finishes, roll dog over 1/4 the way at a time.
3. when all 4 "sides" have been cooked, baste the tops of the dogs with the soyaki/garlic baste, then immediately flip dog over and baste the other side.
4. Cook for about 1 minute or so, flip again and cook for another minute or so.
5. Serve in a bun with your favorite burger toppings
*For a different twist of this idea, check out my Cheese & Bacon Stuffed BBQ Burger Dogs Recipe!!
*Add sauteed onions or Fried onion sticks in between the bacon wrapped cheese sticks before you roll them all up.
*Cook in the oven with a little sauce, like a mini meatloaf.
* Make you own "stuffing" with your own favorite ingredients, The possibilities are endless!!!