Introduction: Herbal Tea Ice Cubes (T-Cubes)
One day, I infused some flower teas and they were so full of flavor that they could easily be steeped another time. However, I was in a hurry, so I came with the idea to freeze the flowers in tea cubes to cool my drinks later. That's we got this idea of making herbal tea cubes a.k.a T-cubes!
Get a refreshing drink by making these delicious herbal ice cubes yourself! Great for some summer fun :)
All kinds of herbs that taste delicious when infused with water can be great. We can highly suggest one of the following:
Step 1: Freeze!
To make your own herbal T-cubes.
- Simply fill your ice cube tray with water that is lukewarm. Distilled water is the best.
- Then drop a piece of your preserved herbs in each individual compartment.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes and put it in the freezer! The cubes are ready in 4 hours.
- Make absolutely sure your ice cube tray is completely clean, any bad odors left could affect the flavor of the drinks you want to cool with these cubes.
- The herbs might float on the water at first, so let them slowly absorb the water until it sinks to the bottom, before you put them in the freezer.
- If you see any small bubbles inside on the surface of the compartments, try to poke them out with a small toothpick. It will make the cubes look crystal clear when they're frozen!
Step 2: Serve!
Once you've the T-cubes are ready you can now use them to serve! Here's a few ways you can use them:
- Serve in just plain water: the T-cubes will not only keep your water cool, but also add some additional flavor.
- Serve in hot water: the T-cubes will cool down your water and release a bit more flavor compared to the first option.
- Serve in tea: simply brew some tea and turn it into a iced tea with these T-cubes. In addition, it will add some additional aroma and flavor to your tea!
Participated in the
Homebrew Contest 2016