Introduction: Home Control System
Home Control System is basically a system which allows us to control all the home appliances using your mobile.
Step 1: Modules
You will need a following modules for your home control system:-
- Arduino Uno
- GSM module.
- Relay module.
Apart from these modules you will need connectors and a little knowledge about android app development.
Step 2: Connections
Do the connections as shown in the figure.
- The Rx of arduino is connected to the Tx of GSM and the Tx of arduino is connected with the Rx of GSM.
- The relays are connected with the digital pins.
Step 3: Code
Here I have uploaded the code, you can download this & load into your arduino and see the output.
Here i have used pin no 5,6,7,8,9,10 for the output. You can change this or you can also increase/decrease it based on your requirement.
- First part of the code initializes the GSM Module, Arduino & GSM get connected, & GSM will be ready to receive SMS.
- Whenever the SMS is received it get transferred to Arduino & get stored in character c.
- Second part of the code compares this c with Predefined characters (which I have defined as 1,2,3...).
- As c gets matched predefined variable the corresponding action under that variable is executed.
Step 4: Android Application
I have developed this app using MIT app inventor. You can understand the working of the application by observing the block diagram.
I have used the same block diagram for the other instruments, I have just used the different variables for different instruments.
You can download the above application. You need to change the phone number by going into the settings. Save the number of your SIM which you have inserted in GSM module.
- Note:-While changing the application or an arduino code, please take a note of the variables that you have used in application & arduino are same or not. (Take note of what you are messaging & what you are comparing)
Step 5: Applications
By using this system you can control any of your home appliances from any where in the world where you get a mobile network.
Apart from your home you can also use this system for yous offices, factories etc..
Participated in the