Introduction: DIY Coconut Lavender Body Scrub & How to Dry Lavender.
Lavender plant does not just look gorgeous indoor or outdoor, they also make very lovely dried flower bunch. These look so French and goes well any were in any kind of home decor. I love love the idea of dried flowers rather than artificial flowers. Today I am going to show how to dry fresh Lavender into bunches. and several use of Lavender. These Flowers live long and have versatile use.
~ They make beautiful gift as bunch or in a vase or how ever you like.
~you can use then to decorate your bathroom
~use the dried lavender powder in your bath
~Make your own potpourri with dried lavender flower
~Tie them with other dry flower to make a dry flower bouquet
~Dried Lavender flower powder can be used to make lavender scrub which I have shown in later on in this instructable.
Step 1: Drying Lavender in Bunches
All you need is
1. Lavender flower cuttings,
2. Elastic Band or thread or raffia.
1. If you have a Lavender plant when they flowers during summer cut lavenders stem. Do not worry if you don't have lavender growing in your back yard. Lavender make a nice indoor plant. So get a planter and pot lavender , when they flower cut them.
2. Now that you have a fresh lavender cutting. Tie then securely with a elastic band or raffia or any thing that can be used as a tie.
3. Once you have tied them nicely chop off the stem one to 2 inches below the raffia , so that all the step are of same hight. You can also leave it as it .
4. Now hang them upside down in a dark place, if possible and after 2 week you will have a dried Lavender bunch. This is the most important step. Remember to hang them flower down as I have shown them in the picture.
Step 2: Coconut Lavender Body Scrub
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of epson salt (finely ground) u can run it through the blender to make it smooth
- 1/4 cup of lavender powder,(Remove the lavender flower from the dried stem and grind it in coffee grinder or magic bullet into a fine dry powder).
- 4 drops of Lavender essential oil(optional)
Mix all the above ingredient well with a fork, they transfer them in a nice clean glass jar and store the unused portion in the fridge.
Apply lavishly before shower on your body. Remember to Scrub gently. Nothing is more satisfying than knowing that the product you are going to use does not have chemical additives. These last you for month but I like to make them in small batches.
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest