Introduction: Hot Spicy Chilly Bajji
Chilly baiji is a popular street side snack mostly found in the streets of South India. The chilly baiji is an all time favorite tea-time snack and can be served with chutneys like green chili chutney, coconut chutney, peanut chutney.
Many streets in the south are spotted with stalls making these chilli bajji which are a bit different from the northern mirch pakoda.
Step 1: Ingredients
Bajji Chilies - as required
Besan/Chick pea flour - 250 grams
Corn flour or Rice flour -1 tsp
Salt - as required
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Roasted Coriander seeds powder - 1/2 Tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Oil - 500ml
Step 2: Preparing Chilly
- Rinse the chilies with water.
- Slit the chili.
- Wash out the seeds in the running water.
Step 3: Preparing the Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, add gram flour and corn flour.
- You can replace corn flour with rice flour to give extra crispiness.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add chili powder, pepper / Chat masala, coriander powder.
- Add a pinch of Salt and Baking soda.
- Give a good mix and water little by little to prepare the batter.
- Prepare a thick flowing consistency batter.
Step 4: Fry
Once the Oil is heated.
Reduce the flame to medium and dip the deseeded chillis in the prepared batter.
Making sure to coat well.
Drop the chili gently into the oil.
Fry both sides until it turns golden brown.
Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Step 5: Serve With JOY
Finally, enjoy hot Chilly bajji with your hot tea.
That's all Foodie's.
Enjoy your tea-time with Hot Spicy Chilly Bajji. Thank you.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017