Introduction: How to Enter Burning Questions Round 6.5
The answer is because no one has written one. But you can change all that.
In round six of burning questions we got great info on "How to Divide" and "How to factor." Now as good as those two instructables were, it made us realize that there's a whole lot more math how-to's that we'd left out.
In an effort to start with the basics, below is a list of "wanted Instructables". Write an Instructable about one of these topics and you will be eligible to win an Instructables Burning Questions Prize Pack consisting of an instructables robot t-shirt, a robot patch and a Burning Questions bumper sticker! Plus, one winner will receive a TI-30XS Multiview Calculator.
Be sure to provide a great Instructable and give it the same title as it appears in the list. Please read the full requirements below before entering.
- How to Add
- How to Subtract
- How to Multiply
- Adding Fractions
- Subtracting Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions
- Decimal to Fraction
- How to Graph
- Multiplication Tables
- Area of a Circle
- Area of a Cylinder
- Volume of a Sphere
- Volume of a Cylinder
- Surface Area of a Sphere
- Circumference of a Circle
- The Instructables have to include their own original images taken by you, the author. Instructables comprised of images found online will not be allowed into the group. There are many applications you can find that will help you make equations, DragMath, Open Office Math Editor, MathCast, LaTeXiT, and a slew of others should ensure your instructable is as easy as possible for others to follow.
- They have to be titled exactly as they appear above. Why? Because that's what people are looking for.
- They have to have a publish date after 2009-01-27.
- They have to be on the list! Only Instructables answering questions on the list will be admitted to the group.
If multiple users decide to answer the same question, we'll pick the Instructable that answers the question best and declare them the winner. So make sure that your answer is the best it can possibly be!
That's it, so go forth and hunt down the answers for some of these Burning Questions! Once again, the title needs to be the same as it is in the list!
Grand Prize: Winner who best answers a question from the "Wanted Instructables" list will receive a a TI-30XS Multiview Calculator, an Instructables robot t-shirt and a Burning Questions prize pack consisting of a Burning Questions bumper sticker and a robot patch.
First Prize: Winners who answer questions from the "Wanted Instructables" list will receive an Instructables robot t-shirt and a Burning Questions prize pack consisting of a Burning Questions bumper sticker and a robot patch.
Open to enter: 2009-01-28 00:00:00 12:01 AM PST
Deadline for entries: 2009-02-10 00:00:00 11:59 PM PST
View Contest now!
Step 1: Official Rules
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.