Introduction: How to Make Paneer Manchurian - Step by Step
Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese is used in making several mouth watering dishes that can be served with either roti or rice dishes. If you want to prepare a delicious Indo Chinese recipe using paneer, Paneer Manchurian serves the purpose well. It can also be served as an appetizer at parties. It is available in many Indian restaurants, but preparing the dish at home is not difficult either. You will be able to prepare this yummy recipe in half an hour or so.
Step 1: How to Cook Paneer Manchurian
You will need ingredients like:
- Cottage cheese
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Corn flour
- Green chillies, sliced
- Sliced Onion
- Sliced capsicum
- Finely chopped spring onions
- Dark soy sauce
- Sliced carrots
- Red chilli sauce
- White pepper powder
- Crushed black peppercorns
- Oil and salt
Step 2: How to Make Manchurian
- Mix the cornflour, garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli sauce, salt, crushed black pepper in a bowl well.
- Then cut the paneer into square pieces.
- Dip the paneer pieces in batter and deep fry in oil carefully.
- Fry until the cubes become golden hued. Put the fried paneer aside.
- Heat up a pan and add remaining ginger and garlic paste along with chillies, sauté fry for some time.
- Then, add the capsicum, carrot and onion.
- Next, add white pepper powder, red chilli sauce, soy sauce, Ajinomoto and salt. Mix well and keep stirring for some time.
- Mix corn flour in water and then pour it over the pan. The sauce will become thick.
- Pour on the fried paneer and mix everything well.
- Then add the spring onions and vinegar. Cook for a while.
- Serve the paneer Manchurian hot with fried rice or roti.
Tips that you can benefit from
- The consistency of the gravy can be varied. If you serve it as starter, make the gravy thick. However, if you want to serve the dish with roti or rice, the gravy quantity should be more and you will need to add more water.
- You will have to add the cornflour slowly so that no lump is formed.
- The dish is flavoured mostly with soy sauce and Chilli sauce. You may tweak the amount of these sauces to bring change in flavour.
- The batter should not be too thin or thick.