Introduction: How to Make Salted Caramel Sauce
Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/salted-caramel-sauce/
As you know, I love simple and fun recipes. Salted Caramel Sauce is one of the quintessential sauces for your repertoire. It goes perfect with most desserts, and it is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Caramel can be done by my boiling sugar with water, however the method I use is simple, but requires a watchful eye. It does go very quickly, once it gets going. I hope you enjoy this recipe for Salted Caramel Sauce. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram (@jacstjohn & #thevegetarianbaker)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 6 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Tbs Couse Sea Salt
- In a medium pan, melt the sugar over medium-high heat. Swirl in the pan util all the sugar has caramelized and melted.
- Once all the sugar has melted add your butter and whisk vigorously.
- Remove pan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream while whisking vigorously.
- Whisk until all the cream is incorporated and then whisk in the sea salt.
- Set the sauce aside to cool for 15 minutes prior to pouring it into a glass jar to cool completely.
Participated in the
Sweet Tooth Contest