Introduction: How to Convert a FDM 3D Printer to a Clay 3D Printer
This tutorial will show you how to upgrade your FDM 3D printer to a ceramic 3D printer.
First you need to prepare the following materials:
- An FDM 3D printer
- CERAMBOT extruder kit
The most affordable desktop ceramics 3D Printer. For digital ceramics, research, development or education. The CERAMBOT 3D ceramics printer is the most versatile digital sculpting tool for ceramists. The key to artistic expression is the ability to turn ideas into reality. Ceramics have been used as the basis for fine art since the dawn of time. Now, that important heritage continues by adding the power of 3D printing technology. Ceramic 3D printing provides the ultimate way to design and create sculptures, art and architecture with ceramics. Until now, ceramic 3D printing has been prohibitively expensive and difficult to use, making it a challenge for personal users. But we believe that imagination should be set free with a simple and affordable way to unleash ideas. That’s why we created the CERAMBOT 3D printer. It’s fast, accurate, easy to use and it’s the most affordable printer of its kind. With CERAMBOT, your ideas, creativity and passion can finally take shape.
Step 1: Download Accessories
The following tutorial uses a Anycubic printer as an example.
1. First you need to download the modified accessories of the CERARBOT extruder kit from here and print it with the printer.
Step 2: Mounting Accessories and Extruder Kit
2. Remove the printer's nozzle, install the modified accessory, and install the CERAMBOT extruder on the printer.
Step 3: Installation Circuit
3. Remove the driver board from the printer head and plug the signal cable of the CERAMBOT extruder into the drive board of the FDM 3D printer.
Step 4: Upload Firmware.
4. Re-copy the changed FDM 3D printer firmware.
Step 5: Step 5: Start Ceramic 3D Printing
5. Start ceramic 3D printing