Introduction: How to Make Easy and Beautiful Paper Earrings?
Jhumkas are a must for the ladies for any festive occasion and they like to wear them along with the attire. Jhumkas hold a significant importance in our tradition and are considered to be ethnic.The drop earrings look very beautiful and elegant.
Here we are going to make paper Jhumkas from the quilling strips by adding an ethnic touch to them. These are quilling paper earrings that you can easily make at home.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make Jhumka
- Craft Wire
- Golden Beads
- Quilling Stripes
- Quilling Mould
- Quilling Needle
- Jump Ring
- Earring Hooks
Step 2: Let's Make Coils!
- Take 4 stripes of red and 6 stripes of white colour each having 4 mm width.
- Now make tight coils with these stripes.
- Now, take the quilling mould and press the coil to get the required design.
Step 3: Let's Apply Fevicol Glue!
- Apply fevicol glue to give it strength and glaze. Let it dry completely.
- Take the red quilling paper and cut it into two halves.
- Now paste it into white strips.
- Make a tight coil with these combination strips.
- Again cut out a red quilling strip and make a tight coil with it as well.
Step 4: Let's Fix the Coils Using Craft Wire!
- Take a craft wire and fix the larger coil along with a pearl to it.
- Now take the jump ring and insert the tight coil into it. Fix this arrangement to the coil.
- Take the smaller coil and fix it to make it look even more attractive.
- Now complete the design by taking the small red tight coils and fix it on top of the combination coil.
Step 5: Let's Decorate the Earrings Jhumkas!
- Paste a white pearl at the centre of the coil.
- Decorate the earring with bead chain.
- Now fix the jump rings and hooks to make it a drop earring.
- Decorate the earring further with decorative beads and chain.
Wow!! Your beautiful Paper Earrings Jhumkas are now ready.
Step 6: Conclusion
You can wear these ethnic jhumkas on any of the festive occasions and you are definitely going to garner lot of appreciation for it. You can also make Jhumkas using different coloured quilling strips as well to match your attire.
Hope you have enjoyed making this craft. Please share your feedback and experiences in the comments section.