Introduction: How to Make Indian Cuisine in One Pot! - Rice and Lentil Delicacy
Hi! My name is Sage Shah, and I am genuinely interested in raising awareness about the many cultures around the world, including my own. I realize that not many people have easy access to Indian food, so I decided to provide a way for anyone to easily get a taste of my culture! Using this recipe, you can learn how to make a delicious rice and lentil meal in a simple and quick way!
- One potato
- One cup of frozen vegetables
- One cup of rice
- Half a cup of dahl
- Half a cup of lentils
- Two tablespoons of gee
- Half a teaspoon of cumin
- Two gloves of garlic
- Half a sweet onion
- One teaspoon of turmeric
-Two cups of water
- One teaspoon of salt
- Instant Pot
- Plain Dannon yogurt (optional)
Step 1: Adding Potatoes and Frozen Veggies!
1. Put one potato and one cup of frozen veggies in a bowl
Step 2: Adding Lentils, Dahl, and Rice!
2. In a separate bowl, add one cup of rice, half a cup of dahl, and half a cup of lentils
Step 3: Adding Gee!
3. Put on your Instant Pot on "saute" mode, and melt two tablespoons of gee at the bottom of your bowl
Step 4: Adding Spices!
4. Let the gee melt, then add 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin, two cloves of garlic, 1/2 a sweet onion, and one teaspoon of turmeric.
Step 5: Add All Ingredients to Your Instant Pot!
5. Dice your potato, then add the potatoes, frozen vegetables, and lentil mixture into your Instant Pot
Step 6: Adding Water and Salt!
6. Add two cups of water and a teaspoon of salt to the mixture
Step 7: Final Cooking!
7. Cook for eight minutes on the "rice" setting.
Step 8: Finished!!
8. After the eight minutes is complete, you are finished! Serve immediately, and add yogurt if you would like.
Participated in the
One Pot Meals Challenge