Introduction: How to Make Remote Controlled Car
In this Instructable, we will learn How to make a Remote Controlled Car, an amazing gadget that every kid wishes for or atleast does try to make one at home. This is not only a simple remote controlled car but a highly energetic remote controlled stunt car.
Note: It is a Remote Car with wired controller but can easily be converted into a wireless remote controlled car by using a wireless receiver board.
Step 1: Watch the Video
A visual procedure is the best way to understand a "How to" project. This video clearly shows how to make a Remote Controlled Car at home. However, also visit step 2 for additional information and pictures.
Step 2: Order Components
- 4x Wheels - http://amzn.to/2mcYryJ
- 2x DPDT switch / controller - http://amzn.to/2npXsLK
- General purpose PCB board - http://amzn.to/2mww8hk
- Li-Ion batteries - https://amzn.to/2PhLIZq
- Double sided Tape - http://amzn.to/2npM6rb
- 3x Geared DC motors - http://amzn.to/2mT35FM
- 4x Wheels - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- 2x DPDT switch / controller - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- General purpose PCB board - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Li-Ion batteries - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Double sided Tape - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- 3x Geared DC motors - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- 4x Wheels - http://amzn.to/2m9v559
- 2x DPDT switch / controller - http://amzn.to/2lJEAqu
- General purpose PCB board - http://amzn.to/2lkylJH
- Li-Ion batteries - http://amzn.to/2mMlK5z
- Double sided Tape - http://amzn.to/2n9SjLI
- 3x Geared DC motors - http://amzn.to/2mT35FM
From Local Store:
2x Pvc-T, Pvc pipe, Straw, wooden stick, cardboard, office paper clips and connecting wires.
Step 3: Let's Make the Car
- Take a PVC - T and three geared DC motors.
- Apply some double sided tape around the motors and fit all the 3 motors in the PVC- T.
Note:Watch the video to get a visual view of how to insert the motors. make sure to use a motor with high torque at the junction, so that it can lift the weight of the car upwards to perform stunts.
- Connect the two opposite motors such that the +ve wire of one motor is in contact with the -ve wire of other motor (refer to the schematic for details).
- Take another PVC-T and a piece of cardboard.
- Draw few circles of diameter equal to that of PVC-T and cut all the circles carefully.
- Using Hot Glue, paste them together to make 3 equal stacks.
- Make sure to apply hot glue around the edges to get a rubber like grip.
- Apply some hot glue and fix all the 3 stacks in all the sides of PVC-T.
- Drill a hole at the centre of all the stacks and using hot glue attach the PVC- T to the motor shaft.
- Take a straw and a wooden stick. Insert the straw through the holes in the PVC-T.
- Using Hot glue, attach the wheels on both sides of wooden stick and also, attach the wheels to the motor shaft.
Step 4: Let's Make the Controller
- Take a general purpose PCB board and a few office clips.
- Unfold the clips and using pliers, cut the smaller part to get 8 similar pieces.
- Insert the clips in the PCB board and solder them really well so that copper doesnot wear off.
Note: Make sure you have watched the video to get an idea about the procedure to make this Remote car.
- Now, connect the terminals, so that all the cells are in series connection.
- Take 2 DPDT switches and insert both the switches on the opposite sides.
- Solder them to the PCB board.
- Refer to the schematic and make connection between the cell holder and the switch.
- Take the car we made earlier and 4 different colour wires of few meters in length, connect all the 4 wires to the motors.
- Refer to the schematic and connect the car to the remote control.
Our remote controlled stunt car is ready to be used. Insert the Batteries and have fun. This car is not only very fast but also can Drift well with some practice and control.
In case you might have missed, have a look at the video and see how I made a Remote Controlled Stunt car at home.
Make this amazing Remote Control Stunt Car yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
I have also made a beautiful new version of a wireless remote control car. Have a look at the instructable here or watch the video below.
Thanks For Your Support..!!
Question 4 years ago on Introduction
Can you please tell me how to make the car wireless
Answer 4 years ago
For making a car wireless, you need a wireless receiver and transmitter module. This module should be used to control the car with a remote.
I have made a wireless remote control car as well, have a look - https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Remote-Control-Car/
6 years ago
I really like this! Great job!
Reply 6 years ago